R1 Coolant question

Got_mitch
This post is 6572 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok Ive just noticed that my coolant tank. ( under seat, near rear shock) Has just gone empty, 2 days ago it was over the full line. and now i cant find any.

did i lose it all from boil over? or where else could it have gone. she runs at a cool 73c on highway. but in city, in lots of lights runs at about 100celcius.

I have 2 drip lines off the left side of my bike( near footpeg) what comes out of these drips lines ect ect.

And also what coolant type does my machine run on. and how do i fill the damn thing!! everything is so compact and tight its hard to find any abvious places to refill anything.

Thanks for any insight that comes my way

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yamaha usually use as coolant comprising of a 50/50 synthetic anti freeze-water mix. Cost £4 for a 2 litre bottle straight from the dealer. As far as filling up the reservoir take the cap off of the top of it (you may have to take whatever fairing is in the way off) and fill it to the max line. Go out for a short blast allowing the engine to reach full operating temp and then re-fill it (after the engine has cooled).

Hope this helps. Your manual should have exactly what you need to do in it.

Regards

yes thanks alot that does help heaps.

Shes due for her 1st service soon. probly just get them to do it. looks like i might be needing to remove some plastic to do it. unless i get a make shift hose nozzle

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online