gutted for my Daughter

drewpy
This post is 3054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Her 1st love broke up with her tonight, its heart wrenching listening to her sobbing her heart out.

I just want to go round to his house and give him what for, I'm so angry.

hope this gets easier for all

1 upset dad

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is tought one Drew but she's probably better off without him, don't do anything stupid though! He knows you.

Let me sort him out and can do the bellend that my daughter is engaged to :ph34r:

I'm only joking obviously!!

• Like 1

I've got 4 daughters, in my experience it doesn't get any easier I'm sorry to say. Obviously with me as an example my girls expect the best out of their blokes (despite my wife explaining that I'm really a bit of a disappointment to her) and are usually let down. My eldest had her heart broken about four times before landing her present chap - who seems a top bloke apart from the fact he's Welsh.............

• Like 3

Better it happens now , than later when things are even more serious and further on , i had one of my female freinds on the phone to me a few months back she had been dumped from a short relationship , she is 54 , she took it hard at the time , but she now admits it was better to happen now than later

• Like 1

thanks for the support chaps, I think she will be in bed for the next few days.

All I can do is be there for her, but its fustrating I can't do more.

the knob just texted her, couldn't even do a face to face that's what makes it worse.

That's a shit way to do it, but thankfully he's only emotionally hurt her and not physically hurt her which sadly this day in age is happening far too often. With two little girls myself im dreading the day this happens as like you Drew id be very happy to rock up at his gaff and learn him the ways of how a iron bar can bend round a fleshy throat.

• Like 2

Forget him, youll just wind yourself up if you dont. All part of growing up Im afraid. Your lass will get over it in time, youve just got to tough this out with her. Been there a few times with my two. Worst one was clearing the flat the eldest had put so much into, the stuff theyd bought together, and getting her settled back at home.

If your strong for her, she'll be ok.

• Like 2

still smarting a bit, but I've calmed down a bit now. helps sharing so I can put things into perspective....

.......now where's that cricket bat

• Like 2

Ah the book of love, each chapter a taol of dispair and seething pain.

i see it all too often, perhaps the most beautiful intelligent girl you would ever hope to see, a hollow husk with no self esteem because her latest ex was some waste of space fuckboy. what has this world come too peeps, qhen wearing a baseball cap and skinny jeans is more appealing than a slither of intelligence and the ability to so much as change a lightbulb, sometimes i do feel i am the last of my dieing kind.

in time she will heal, and harden im sure, but snakes hide in the shadows and seek out the smallest cracks in anyones armour. i will wait as long as it takes to see a soul immune to suchpains, i fear i will be waiting a long time.

emotions can mess you up big time, i recall a few years ago removing 16 piercings from the anatomy of my exs stalker,

make her some shepherds pie, the TV adverts say it helps!

• Like 2

I haven't been there yet, with my two one is more likely to be breaking their balls than suffering their bull shit. To say she calls it as she see's it is mild. She has quite the reputation at school, lads 2 years above will step aside apparently.

My youngest, she is made of glass and i'm dreading going through what you have Andy.

I just think the more boy aware I can make them the harder the slime will have to work and that should cull the loosers. Only genuine bidders please :wub:.

I have told em I am getting a "What you do to my daughter, I do to YOU!" Tee for when the boyfriends appear.

Edited by Cynic
  • Like 3

Brave words Steve, Its a thread about blokes watching out for their kids/daughters.

Sorry to say you have NO idea how badly Drewpy would have wanted to tear the kids head off and shit down his neck, no idea at all. Until you have a few of your own and feel their pain, you know what, why, when, and how and you cannot stop it. Makes it 10 times their pain but you have to suck it up and be, "my old man he is solid, my rock".

You also don't appreciate the fact your the enemy in this thread.....Although as neither of my daughters are socks I'm not worried.

• Like 6

Sorry to hear that Drewpy, I have son's and they hurt as well, there are times a bang on the head for the offending partner would not go amiss, she will learn from this mate hopefully her next friend won't be such an arsehole !

f3a889d219ecd8e428341f9bef37b7b8.jpg

• Like 2

she actually texted him today and wished him all the best for the future. Gave her the empowerment back she was missing when he dumped her by text.

Looks like she's turned the corner thank god

• Like 7

Saw a saying today and thought of your gal...

Boys laugh at what they put girls through but they won't be laughing when they're wiping tears from their daughters' faces for the same reason. (Same could be said for girls)

Glad to hear her heart's on the mend. she's likely better off although that's never much comfort when your heart is broken.

• Like 1

Saw a saying today and thought of your gal...

Boys laugh at what they put girls through but they won't be laughing when they're wiping tears from their daughters' faces for the same reason. (Same could be said for girls)

Glad to hear her heart's on the mend. she's likely better off although that's never much comfort when your heart is broken.

good sentiments Sacha

They do say daughters are a fathers pennance. Not to mention. When i was a spotty youf trying to find my way (wiv de ladies).

Being one of the ' many' more unsucsessful of the breed it is strange that it comes as a surprise when you finally realise that the challenges you face are basically set by the previous generation of lads.

Edit. Worded badly but you get the idea.

Edited by Cynic

I found this ages ago and have it saved ready to print for when my girls are of age. every lad will have to come to meet me first and ready the rules of engagement before any shenanigans can begin

TEN RULES ON DATING MY DAUGHTER/S

Rule One:

If you pull into my driveway and honk you’d better be delivering a package, because you’re sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter’s body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:

I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don’t take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:

I’m sure you’ve been told that in today’s world, sex without utilizing a “barrier method” of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:

In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is “early”

Rule Six:

I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:

As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don’t you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:

The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:

- Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.

- Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.

- Places where there is darkness.

- Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness.

- Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat.

- Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay.

- Hockey games are okay.

- Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:

Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car-there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online