1982 DT 125 MX project :)

Ed
This post is 3086 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys. 

Got a DT 125 MX for a project. The previous owner bored it, not sure how far oversize he went though. he also fit a ktm racing muffler and cone filter.

It's suffered 33 years of abuse, so I plan to do a full engine rebuild. Parts aren't difficult to find, neither was the Haynes manual... but a parts catalogue is, I can only find the one for the liquid cooled model.. Does anyone know where I can find one? I'd like to be able to search for parts by their number to avoid compatibility issues. 

Does anyone have/ know where I can get a parts catalogue?

Also, it's moody when it comes to starting, I think its running rich on both jets, for these reasons: 

1) i can turn the idle air screw in all the way with no stumbling, but it starts idling real bad if i turn it out more than 2 turns. 
2) at wide open throttle, It sometimes dies, more on hot days and in low gears…
3) when cold it normally starts without choke (when it feels like it), but if I turn it off when hot it nigh on impossible to start. Also when it doesn't start and I pull the plug, its normally wet.

Probably rich, yes?Just want to make extra sure since its air cooled and I wouldn't want to seize it with a jet too small. 

• 5 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello Ed

I'm not trying to get booted or get in $#!T for promoting another forums site, but here goes... I know of a vintage enduro forum group called www.yamaha-enduros.com  and if you join the site (free) you get access to a whole bunch of online manuals.  I'm doing a restore to a 1979 IT 250 and was able to find digital copies of the service manual, as well as complete parts catalouges complete with Yamaha OEM part numbers that you can take to any parts shop and order.

Best of luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online