eh not how i remember DTs

bry t
This post is 6170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone anybody know how to derestrict my 54 plate dtr not long got it.Had one many moons ago and this one is nowt like it very slow! :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

open power valve get a dep exhaust uprate the reeds rejet the carb etc usual story mate but for a quick cheap jump in power buy a powervalve off an older dt ie 1990 model etc and stick that in it in the fully open position and hold on to our wig cause its shocking first few times you ride it :D

open power valve get a dep exhaust uprate the reeds rejet the carb etc usual story mate but for a quick cheap jump in power buy a powervalve off an older dt ie 1990 model etc and stick that in it in the fully open position and hold on to our wig cause its shocking first few times you ride it :D

cheers for the quik reply mate.Iwas talking to a mate and he bought a fact sheet from e bay about deristriction of dtrs he done his and its shit hot.Hes never bought any extras so gonna do mine at weekend let u know how it goes.cheers once again. :D

• 1 year later...

So have you had any luck with your mate's method? Please share your newfound knowledge so I can help my poor, choked up DT! I'm sure plenty of other folks would appreciate it too!

• 2 weeks later...

Remove seat and pull out the airbox snorkel which will allow for more air flow. Have exhaust chopped open and completely hollowed out and then go up a jet size or two. If you want to leave stock exhaust unmolested then go buy a DEP system. Don't need to touch powervalve except for decoking and occasional re-alignment. The RE/X models (04 onwards) should have a green wire behind headlight somewhere which needs earthing out to a suitable spot.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online