Hi From Cambridgeshire - First DT Video Made!

Stabz
This post is 3125 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Just got my first motorbike. It's a Yamaha DT125RE 2007. I've been driving a car for four years now and I'm really bored. I hate other drivers and I feel trapped on the road.

What to do? Get on the bike chain and become a biker! 

I plan to make video's all the time on YouTube as I have just bought an action camera. Here's my first try! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s207Y7xZMKY

Nice to meet you all!

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take it easy out there - looks like you had fun, but some risky overtakes which could easily backfire. For example, at the very end you over take a Mini which starts to move over the line to overtake some parked cars.

Welcome stabz "    freedom  eh ,  :jossun:

Just watched the vid,:eusa_think:, wrong side of keep lefts - overtaking at junctions , if the points tally don't get yeh,  the cagers will.   :ambulance:

Edited by blackhat250

Fair opinion. 

Can you please explain "wrong side of keep lefts" please. 

EDIT

Oh yes I see what you mean now haha. Yes, I do tent to go outside the white lines, yes. 

Edited by Stabz

Greetings.

You say you've been driving a car for 4 years, so I guess you are just taking the piss but If you really don't understand the wrong side of keep lefts or don't understand the correct way to go round roundabouts I suggest that you read the highway code as it's possible you may not live very long if you don't understand the basics of riding,

Ok I watched your vid and have to say looked like you were having fun, the only thing is your about to loose your licence and your life if you ride like that all the time, now I know your going to say fuck off I did nothing wrong so let's list them shall we I counted 8 illegal moves on your bike (@ 3 points each) NOT including breaking the speed limit at least twice, if you really want to put your vids up on youtube then cover the bloody speedo up! We have at least one member on here who is a Police officer IF he decides to send your vid to the local Traffic division then they WILL find you and they WILL do you, it's happened before and until folks learn to cover their track will keep on happening. I'm an OLD FART and as such you will not take a blind bit of notice of the things I have to say BUT remember I wasn't always an old fart. Just sayin!

Great points! I have taken the video down for now.. 

It's hard for me to explain to people who live within the 'law', about how I do not. But I do not. ( Fully taking on your points about not hiding speedo ect..) 

But the 'Law' is jurisdiction and jurisdiction mean for someone to say the law. These 'laws' are just claims of ownership over people, by a few people.. slavery if I'm being blunt. I do not subscribe to Government or any of the statues/acts they try and impose on me. I am a sovereign being and can ride my bike / drive my car / travel any mean how, as long as I do not infringe on anyone else's rights. 

I used to live in fear but now do not. Your not wrong about getting caught though! Must become more sneeky.. 

Cheers.

Good lad, nothing sneeky about being sensible. I have been riding since I was 14 that's 49 years, I have no points on my licence (yet) and my last bike and my present bike are capable of over 150MPH, I always wear a camera nowadays but very rarely do anything with the video, just watch it myself on occasion, usually when it's pissing down with rain or mid-winter, so make sure YOU watch the video first then think "what do others see?" Then post it up if you still want to, I copied a picture of my speedo at rest then stuck it onto the face of the speedo with blue-tac, that way I'm never over the speed limit ! Not suggesting you do this but ---. :D

PS you'll grow out of the other stuff :biglaugha: just wait till you get married THEN you'll know what the LAW is.

• Like 2

49 years.. Long old time, any major crashes? I've been on a bike, on the road, for only 5 months tops. So I'm still getting all the mistakes out of the way (come on.. I'm new :rolleyes:

To be fair I did watch the video a million times before posting it, knowing about all the 'naughty' bit's.. but I wanted to keep them in, just as a big middle finger to anyone who's ever been in front of me, whilst I'm in my car.. going 1mph. And In a car, you can't just filter around them. On a bike! I'm in heaven. Yes overexciting. But heaven! No one can stop me now! muhahaha. 

But haha! That's is what I'm actually doing.. A picture over the speedo whenever I plan to make a video is a great idea. Saves editing and saves you getting caught out. 

Thanks for the advice!

PS, no I will not sir! ^_^ I'm 22 years old now, I used to be a super hippy. Now, I'm much more realistic in my conspiracy theories. There is such thing as objective rights and wrong and government is defiantly wrong. 

Great points! I have taken the video down for now.. 

It's hard for me to explain to people who live within the 'law', about how I do not. But I do not. ( Fully taking on your points about not hiding speedo ect..) 

But the 'Law' is jurisdiction and jurisdiction mean for someone to say the law. These 'laws' are just claims of ownership over people, by a few people.. slavery if I'm being blunt. I do not subscribe to Government or any of the statues/acts they try and impose on me. I am a sovereign being and can ride my bike / drive my car / travel any mean how, as long as I do not infringe on anyone else's rights. 

I used to live in fear but now do not. Your not wrong about getting caught though! Must become more sneeky.. 

Cheers.

You say "...I do not subscribe to Government or any of the statues/acts they try and impose on me...." so I guess you ride a bike with no licence, insurance tax or MOT then?

You are entitled your your opinion but here is mine: what a load of old B0110cks. Without the fabric of the law, and rules, we would all have to survive in a lawless world. 

• Like 2

Yes I have binned my bikes at one time or another, broke my neck both arms left leg and lost the knee cap on my right leg, that was my first real acquaintance with the Ambulance service, which I then worked for for 30 years. Other than that various minor things, broken fingers and the odd wrist plus a few yards of skin that never really grew back properly but I did road race for a while so no surprise that the odd bit of road furniture wanted to get acquainted with bits of my body, best fun I ever had was racing at Brands Hatch back in the late 60s fell off at 120+ hit a straw bale with my arse and was picking bits of straw out of my arsehole for a few hours, well my mate thought it was funny (git) I never did find out how straw can get inside a full leather suit? Had some spectacular bruises tho :biglaugha:

Edited by slice

You say "...I do not subscribe to Government or any of the statues/acts they try and impose on me...." so I guess you ride a bike with no licence, insurance tax or MOT then?

You are entitled your your opinion but here is mine: what a load of old B0110cks. Without the fabric of the law, and rules, we would all have to survive in a lawless world. 

Of course I have all four of those things. Without them I would be stopped by car's with blue flashing lights, harassed and taken by men in high-vis outfits and put in a cage until I am forced to pay them in money or my time. I'm smart enough to know when to play along with the man and when to not. 

"Without the fabric of the law, and rules, we would all have to survive in a lawless world." - I couldn't disagree more. You are naive to think human's are the makers of rules and laws. Do you think without humans the world would just implode?  You have been occult-ed to certain information about the universe and yourself to make you think exactly what you just said there. You are ignorant to Natural Law. Something that, if understood by majority of the population would exclude the need for government, jurisdiction and even police. I live my life by natural law and I suggest you take a look at it if you have never done so.  - The 8 natural law's are the governing dynamics that control the outcomes of our behavior. -

It is a huge subject though and is something not explained quickly. Hence the general dumb-ing down and constant distracting of the public. 

Here is a great presentation on Natural Law - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1pkJaNbzLU 

It's in three parts and last 8 hours long. he also has a wide range of presentation on a variety of subjects all in the truth movement.

Take a look if you care enough :D

Cheers.

Yes I have binned my bikes at one time or another, broke my neck both arms left leg and lost the knee cap on my right leg, that was my first real acquaintance with the Ambulance service, which I then worked for for 30 years. Other than that various minor things, broken fingers and the odd wrist plus a few yards of skin that never really grew back properly but I did road race for a while so no surprise that the odd bit of road furniture wanted to get acquainted with bits of my body, best fun I ever had was racing at Brands Hatch back in the late 60s fell off at 120+ hit a straw bale with my arse and was picking bits of straw out of my arsehole for a few hours, well my mate thought it was funny (git) I never did find out how straw can get inside a full leather suit? Had some spectacular bruises tho :biglaugha:

Okay I'm slowing down. :o:o:o

That is quite the list. You do sound like a complete motorbike enthusiast though. Much respect. 

Ok I see you have put the video back up, your choice of course BUT your in a 30mph zone and your doing 50MPH FFS! Don't say you weren't warned. :whatever:

Fine will be UP TO £100+ depending on the place and style of riding.

Penalty points between 3 to 6 depending on your driving, which means your fucked.

Plus of course as your a noob with a new Motorcycle licence you can be told to go on a speed awareness course, this is not a choice this is mandatory and you pass it or resit your bike test. You may not believe in "the law" but the courts do and they will rip you a new arsehole if you fuck with their system!

Edited by slice
  • Like 1

Actually, I thought it was a great video.

Actually, I thought it was a great video.

You Rebel you   :ph34r:,  Well I hope the average speed cameras on M1  aint  picking me up,[ front facing]  not having a front plate I just blsted thru,  aye 50mls of them,  I was tucking inbeside lorrys to shade my plate on the rear facing ones,,:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

What? And you say I'm a rebel?

I think there's a bit of a James Dean in all of us. For some reason I strictly adhere to the 30mph limit but when on the motorway if traffic is light I tend to "let myself go" reaching speeds of **mph, not ***mph I should emphasise. 

I personally think that the problem/frustration is that in the UK you can't travel more than 5-10 miles without coming into a speed restriction of either 30 or 40 mph.