Restoring a 69 Enduro 125 could use some help

MysteryMachine
This post is 6586 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all new here and could use some help. I'm restoring a 69 Enduro it was my moms bike, hasn't been ran since 80 or 81 (thats the years on the last reg sticker). Some back ground on it after she stoped riding, it was stored in my grand father's garage. When he died in 96 my bro in law took it to his grand father's and stuck it in his barn till 4/9/06. My bro in law tried to mess with it but didn't do much to it he got a battery not sure it was even the right one.

When I got it I hooked a jumper box to it and had lights and the electric start worked but wasn't getting any spark. So I messed with it till i killed my jumper box then I hooked a charger to it and i think thats where things went wrong. The wires going to the battery were smoking so i took it off. My dad come out to help me and told me to hook it back up i told him it was a bad idea but he has messed with ths stuff before I havent. Well we lost everything no lights, no elect start. My dad told me to charge up my jumper box and try it again so I did and then the wires really got hot and melted the insulation off of them. Just the battery wires that is. So I got a new battery today made new wires and I still have no lights or elect. start. I'm stumped where and what should I check? I'll be happy just to get it started so I can prove my family wrong that i can make it run and restore it.

All this and I'm gonna be starting on my dad's old Honda 175 road bike so I can get something on the road

I have too many crazy ideas LOL

Thanks for your help guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well think I found the problem. Seems that the starter switch is messed up. Guess when I took the nuts off it moved the bolt and was making the whole case powered which was powering the whole frame of the bike. So now I need to find one of them.