runnin lean

R1Fantasy
This post is 6588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

short synopsis: Recently acquired 1992 YZF 600

hard to describe chugging or jerking during 1st and 2nd gear

When i purchased the bike, it's owner said that because of a stage 3 kit, it runs a little lean in 1st and 2nd. When i'm driving at low speeds it chugs or jerks a little violently. What could be causing this and how do i fix it?

Please help!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum R1Fantasy

Sounds like you might need to re-jet :headscratch: ...

@ lower speeds...I'd say to have a look @ your pilot jets.....maybe just give those carbs a good cleaning? ;)

:welcome: to the forum R1Fantasy

Sounds like you might need to re-jet :headscratch: ...

@ lower speeds...I'd say to have a look @ your pilot jets.....maybe just give those carbs a good cleaning? ;)

Thanx, I'll try that! Do you happen to know where I can pick up a repair manual for this bike?

I have seen this before on a zx10. the carbs seem to get really hard to get right after a jet kit.

If possible switch back to standard or actually pay someone to have a look for you.

It's actually not that expensive to get qualified mechanic to spend a bit of time fettling.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online