R6 14000 mile service

Hockeyboy
This post is 6594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody

Just joined the forum, Ive had a look round and i like what I see here.

Now to the point. My 2000 Wplate R6 is getting close to the 14000 mile service. i was wondering if anybody could tell me what this service involves and how much it costs. I assume they dont just do plugs and filters etc on this one? Or am i wrong?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers all

Hockeyboy B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My 2000 R6 had its 12000 mile service today. Must be the same service but ever so slightly different intervals. It cost me £257, £7 more than normal because I use a higher grade of oil than is standard.

They basically replace all consumables in the engine check pretty much everything and balance anything that can be balanced. I can scan my check sheet in if you wanna see exactly what they did to mine.

Regards

PS :welcome: to the forum

My 2000 R6 had its 12000 mile service today. Must be the same service but ever so slightly different intervals. It cost me £257, £7 more than normal because I use a higher grade of oil than is standard.

They basically replace all consumables in the engine check pretty much everything and balance anything that can be balanced. I can scan my check sheet in if you wanna see exactly what they did to mine.

Regards

PS :welcome: to the forum

Thanks for that. Its good to know that it isnt going to break the bank!!!! Do you think it runs better after the service then or is it not noticable?

B)

Hell yeah. You should find everything becomes tighter and easier to use allowing the power to be used to greater effect.

Hell yeah. You should find everything becomes tighter and easier to use allowing the power to be used to greater effect.

Cool. I mean it goes well enough as it is now, So if things becomne tighter and more responsive it will be awesome!!!!!!! :lol:B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online