Adrian Flux.....?????

Noise
This post is 3169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anybody shed any light on this as im confused.

When i owned Betty i went through Lee to get insured and as always more than impressed with the service, but now that i have sold Betty and no longer need the insurance Adrian Flux has gone all bank robber on me and i cant see why.

Just for stating that i no longer have the vehicle and thus would like to cancel the policy they are now charging me £97.23?

Now i pay all my insurances monthly as i never seam to have the full amount in my pocket to pay it off in one lump and its easier to manage i find, so i did have a fair few months left remaining on the policy but in the past when ever i cancelled a policy i only used to get a small "Admin" fee, if anything at all so what the heck is this £97.23 charge for??

I have emailed Adrian Flux to find out what the hell its about but as of yet i have not heard anything.

So, Any ideas? have any of you had this before?

Regards

N

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just tried to cancel the INS on the FJ when I bought the FJR, they said and I quote " If you cancel the policy then the admin charge will be MORE than the new policy" WTF so I just changed the reg number on the policy, that still cost me £79 which was more than the I was quoted for NEW insurance online with compare the market but would have still left me with an admin charge from the original policy which had the remainder of the policy (10 months) to run AND an admin charge. They say Bankers are robbing sod's well my opinion of insurance companies is rapidly going down hill.

• Like 2

I don't have an answer but look forward to what it is.

The FZ is with them now, as are one RD and the TS. The RD & TS are up for renewal in a few months.

I just don't get it? still waiting for a reply but they say the will do so in 6 working days, but i have 7 working days to pay up or they are sending it to their debt collectors and possible county court.

I informed them that there would not be sufficient funds in our account due to an unforeseen bill that went out but they said as the money has already been requested they cant stop it, but low and behold they sent me the letter telling me about this charge AFTER they requested the money.

Extract from their letter i got today

Further to our previous letter we have tried to take the balance due of £97.23 from your debit/credit card but it was declined by your card issuer.
This matter is now urgent and requires your immediate attention.
To ensure no further action is taken, you should make payment within the next seven days.
Failure to submit the required sum will result in an additional charge of £35 being added to the debt and the matter being passed to our debt collectors who, if the debt remains unpaid, will add their own charges to the outstanding amount and action may be taken to recover the debt through the County Court.
If this action is taken and Judgement is obtained, details will be recorded on your credit record. In addition to the debt increasing with solicitors’ costs and court fees, this will result in you experiencing difficulties obtaining credit in the future.

CAN'T PAY WE'LL TAKE IT AWAY. :madflame:

Thers a new term " Victim surcharge . :shrug:, seen this used a lot , anybody explain wtf that is,,

not good at at all :shakeno:

I've gone with RH classic insurance as they found a cracking quote and they accept pre 1990 motorcycles as Classic (not many do) so I got the FZ and xs fully comp for £97 including uninsured loss, breakdown etc etc.

Paid that in full so there's no comeback.

This is total bollocks,

So i find out that this sum is because as i paid it monthly they get some form of "loan" off another company to pay the insurance off and my monthly payments are paying that finance off :eusa_think:

So using the letter i was given i went on the net to pay the "debt" but the web address on the letter wasn't recognized, so i then had to go onto the wife's billy wiz i Pad this and use a QR code scanner (what ever they are) and finally get sent straight to Adrian Fluxes payment site and i cough up the full amount to clear my name.

BUT NO! just had an email this morning telling me that they have not received the money and they have passed it onto the debt collectors team. and this is Bike Sure. At 0900hrs i will be on that dog n bone finding out what the heck is going on and to see if i ever use them again.

Just had a similar experience with CN. I took out a new policy so as not to get charged (£50 in my case). Then I cancelled the new policy within the 14 days with no admin charge levied, just prorated use. (I cancelled after 10 days.)

I then went with AF - eek - as they were one of the only ones who would insure me!

Don't forget to let us know what went on Noise. My next insurance renewal depends on it.

• Like 1

i'll post up all the letters they sent me in a bit. Just "on hold" at the moment :sigh2:

Bit of a long one so sorry haha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Is where is started,

Date: 11/05/2015

Dear Mr Keith Raquet

Following the cancellation of your policy we can confirm there is now an outstanding balance on your account of £97.23
To avoid delay, if we do not hear from you in the next 7 days to arrange payment, we will assume that you wish to pay using the card held on file, and we will arrange for this payment to be taken automatically. For your reference, we will use the card ending in ****************.

Road Traffic Act 1988
Motor Insurance Policy Number 5217706****
Policyholder’s name Mr Keith Raquet
Vehicle registration number Y164 NJN
We confirm that the policy to which the certificate relates has ceased to have effect.
Notes
This letter confirms that your policy is cancelled. It will be deleted from the Motor Insurance Database which is used by the police to enforce the law on insurance and if you use your vehicle without a valid policy, you will be committing an offense.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Langley
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then informed them that there wouldn't be sufficient funds in our account due to an unforeseen bill that dry raped us and i also asked the question of why i had to pay this sum of money even though i no longer had the vehicle and they came back with:

Date: 18/05/2015

Dear Mr Keith Raquet

Further to our previous letter we have tried to take the balance due of £97.23 from your debit/credit card but it was declined by your card issuer.
This matter is now urgent and requires your immediate attention.
To ensure no further action is taken, you should make payment within the next seven days.
Failure to submit the required sum will result in an additional charge of £35 being added to the debt and the matter being passed to our debt collectors who, if the debt remains unpaid, will add their own charges to the outstanding amount and action may be taken to recover the debt through the County Court.
If this action is taken and Judgement is obtained, details will be recorded on your credit record. In addition to the debt increasing with solicitors’ costs and court fees, this will result in you experiencing difficulties obtaining credit in the future.
We trust this action will not have to be enforced, although we have to advise you of the above as a matter of standard practice.
Please call our customer service team, or if you have access to the internet, the easiest way to pay the amount is via our secure website. Simply log on to www.bikesure.co.uk/customers and then choose ‘Make a Payment’. Alternatively, if you have a smartphone you can scan the QR code on the right hand side to direct you straight to our payments page.
If you do not have a QR code reader, just visit your app store and you can download one for free.
If you have made payment within the last few days, please accept our apologies and ignore this letter.
We trust the above is clear, however, if you do have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Hayley Sutton

Reason for paying this amount:

Date: 22/05/2015

Dear Mr Raquet

We acknowledge receipt of your recent email and can confirm the following information regarding the cancellation of your policy.
The policy incepted on 28/02/2015 with a total premium of £152.73, which included a £45 policy set up fee and an insurance premium of £107.73 with Markerstudy Insurance. Premium Credit Limited funded this amount.
Please note that the set up fees and optional extras are non-refundable after the first 14 days of the policy.
Premium Credit Limited are an outside company that handle our clients' finance agreements and monthly direct debit payments. They apply a 14% interest on top of the amount financed. Any finance agreement in place is automatically terminated upon cancellation of your policy. Premium Credit Limited then pass any outstanding balance on to us.
At the time of cancellation on 09/05/2015, your insurers issued a pro rata refund of £46.79. After the deduction of our commission and £25 cancellation fee, a refund of £12.97 was available to use against the balance with Premium Credit Limited. This left a short fall of £97.23 payable by you.
Please find attached a copy of our Terms of Business for your reference. This confirms all charges made by us in the event of cancellation. Please refer to your policy booklet for details of the charges made by the insurers.
If you have access to the internet, the easiest way to pay the above balance is via our website www.adrianflux.co.uk. Simply select 'Existing Clients' and then 'Make a Payment'. Alternatively, please contact our customer service team by telephone or forward a cheque or postal order.
We trust the above is clear and should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Gemma Jobber

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So once our bank account was back in the black i went onto the said website to pay my "debt" but that link didn't work and just came up with "web page unknown" and the call centers where closed so had to get the wife to explain what this QR code scanner thing was and used that. After paying it had a message back on Adrian Flux's website saying "Thank you for your payment" job jobbed :eusa_snooty:

Not as far as they think any way:

Date: 26/05/2015

Dear Mr Raquet

Please read the below carefully, which concerns the balance remaining on your cancelled insurance policy. Our records appear to show we have not received payment for the outstanding balance on file of £92.23. Unfortunately, due to this we have had to pass the above amount to our debt collection agency for recovery, who will contact you directly in due course. Further to our previous correspondence we can confirm that the amount outstanding to us has been reduced as your insurers have issued a further refund following the cancellation of your policy. It may be possible to withdraw the balance from the debt collection agency and avoid the additional fees that they will charge, subject to full payment being made to us within the next seven days. If the debt remains unpaid, action may be taken to recover the debt through the County Courts, which may affect your future credit rating. We trust the above is clear, should you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to contact ourselves.

Yours sincerely

Donna Benefer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, after a nice chat to a lovely lass called Holly this morning she manages to find out that there was a "technical error" with the website and the payment didn't go through, so we done it over the phone, no debt collectors or nowt happening now :hyper:

I am glad you got it sorted insurance should be cancelled as soon as you don't have the vehicle. There were some horror story's going around a while ago about ex owners, who hadn't cancelled the insurance for a vehicle they had sold, being liable for the excess on a crashed vehicle because they were still insuring it.

What gets me is when I re insured the FZ, swintons (previous insurers) said that without me telling them I don't want to renew with them they would have automatically reinsured the bike. Another is the credit searches that the compare sites do - even if you want to pay in one go or at renewal time and you haven't asked for a compare quote again!

Yer i heard them stories too, thats why as soon as i sell a vehicle i inform them at the first available chance as mostly sell things on weekends.

All insurance comps i've been with have always just automatically re insure it unless told otherwise, 9 times out of 10 im happy for them to do that as long as im not paying too much more than a new insurance company would offer but its is this high priced fancy named cancellation fee that has sort of tard my relationship with Adrian flux, but unless there are other companies that insure modified one off bikes then it looks like i'll be going back with them once the chop is built.

Fkn scammers "the lot of em,, I wouldn"t have payed, and fk the credit rating,,

I took out a policy with the post office very cheap! I received a letter about a week later and assumed it was just my docs, I stupidly didn't bother to open it as I had viewed them online :crazy: it turns out to be the letter informing me that I had not sent them my proof of NCD so they had cancelled my insurance and are charging me £25 cancellation fee. whoops. I asked them if they could reinstate my policy but they said no first I must pay the cancel fee then start a new policy, I told them to they could chase for the money and I'll go elsewhere. :eusa_think:

• Like 1

The bikesure agreed value policies are a little painful to get going. Multi bike is even more so as they always seem to forget to send you the cert for the second bike. I do have to say that their system for old NCB is good. I could just scan my letter through and upload it direct to the bikesure site.

You should read this: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/insurance/2015/05/the-devil-is-in-the-details-insurers-charge-huge-fees-for-simple-changes?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=oneliner-four&utm_term=26-May-15-v2&utm_campaign=news&utm_content=2

Basically if you think the fee is unfair tell the insurance company and ask for a waiver, if they refuse complain to the ombudsman.

• Like 1

Hey Clarke, that is a really good article, thanks for that. Noise you want to have a go at this you might get your fee back.

Yer i could do but im not sure how i will stand with it because as the letter dated 22/05/2015 states that it was a financed policy so i was basically paying off the money financed by Premium Credit Limited.

So........?