mt 03

keyser soze
This post is 5175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Goodevening to you all at Y.O.C.

I am a new rider, been riding 3 months now, and my first bike is a Yam MT-03. I looked on the net for about 2 months prior to passing my test and was really up for getting an R6. I ranted and raved for ages and everyone was sick of me...

Then I read Bike mag, and a review of the R6 for commuting...they said it was crap.

Plus the fact that I was a new rider and I couldn't get decent insurance on a sportsbike. So I had another wee looky and within the space of a week, had purchased a MT-03, without even having a test ride.

I had lots of worrys, like would it be tiny (I am 6ft tall), would it be slow, would it sound like a lawnmower, would it be comfy...

I have covered 3000miles now and it's like this: I fecking love this bike. It's perfect for posture, not too upright, not too leaned, but really aggressive, elbows out stuff. I am able to get in to full race tuck for high speed motorway shenanigans....not that I break the speed limit. It's not fast top end, but getting there is oh so good! The noise!!! Oh the noise. A lot of people I know said, if you like the sound of a V-twin, you'll like the sound of a single, and they were right. I love the noise, especially when, after accellarating hard, you release the throttle and it purrs away whilst backfiring...WOW. And oh boy is it comfy. My longest ride has been 150 miles and I felt ace after it...although my knees were a bit weak from all the knee down action.

I have ridden through a Scottish winter hell and surfaced without a scratch (well one minor scratch) and my baby is still purring!

Who would live in Scotland eh!

Anyway, just thought I would add my wee bitty.

If you want to check out my blog, it covers from before I passed my test, till now and includes all my gear and experiences etc!

Check it out at gordonfraser.wordpress.com

Cheers guys and keep enjoying the 660 rumble!

Gordon

• 2 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online