latest toy!

wild foamy
This post is 3509 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps, after much head scratching amd a lot of persuasion from ttasky, I've taken the plunge and bought...

DSC_0138_zps2mc30u3x.jpgDSC_0139_zpsu22kyeez.jpgDSC_0142_zpsn08fubp2.jpgDSC_0141_zpsxhaevyuy.jpg

An FJ1200! With ABS, a scottoiler and R1 front calipers :D, jumped on a train to Plymouth and rode it 200 miles back and I have to say this thing ticks all the boxes, it's fast, it's comfortable, the tank is a little small and it's fecking heavy to get on and off the centrestand, but I certainly do like it :). Already writing up a shopping list for a bellypan, centre stand, heated grips, 12v socket aswell as various other trinkets.

Considering I haven't been on a bike since squires last year, I'm very happy ^.^

Let them good times roll!!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You going to use this one then. Looks tidy. OMG You were sober. Miracles can happen.

Not a lot of sand in that garage, you coming at the weekend.

Looks very tidy. Many miles of fun to be had.

*smug grin* :)

Nothing wrong with the garage, I know exactly where everything is...

I went for a quick ride after work today, about 6:30pm, Got back about 11:30pm after clocking up 95 miles!... This thing really does shift :o

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with the garage, I know exactly where everything is...

I went for a quick ride after work today, about 6:30pm, Got back about 11:30pm after clocking up 95 miles!... This thing really does shift :o

Chuffing eck Foamy, 95 miles in 5 hours, average 19mph, were you pushin it :biglaugha:

• Like 4

Chuffing eck Foamy, 95 miles in 5 hours, average 19mph, were you pushin it :biglaugha:

Must have been riding through Reading town centre..

Are you kidding 19mpg in reading town centre. The term gridlock springs to mind.

Nah I went to visit some friends, had a cuppa e.t.c, so it wasn't constant riding, also stopped in halfrauds to get a new headlight bulb as mine went pop :(

But anyway, the clutch master (or slave) cylinder seals have gone so it now has no clutch, I've ordered both sets so should be good to go soon

Are you kidding 19mpg in reading town centre. The term gridlock springs to mind.

That's on a GOOD day!!!

Once you have to cross the IDR, you're then at the mercy of whether cars drive in straight lines or staggered.

Thanks peeps, very happy with it!

Might aswell paint those yokes whilst I got the master cylinder off.

and get to the gym whilst I'm at it, Getting it on the centre stand is alright but getting it off again isn't, my subtle 10st frame versus this 260kg bomb trolley doesn't really bode well.

• Like 1

I just sit on it, tilt it back onto the rear wheel and then launch myself forward. Takes a couple of goes, but you'll get there!!

Also means the bike is pretty stable under.... certain conditions..... heh heh heh!!!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online