Summer clothing and kick stands

chrisnj
This post is 3566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If she was my daughter I would be so proud of her, as it is BRAVE GIRL and beauty is more than skin deep. :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

http://www.rockthegear.org/

They don't sell bike gear they provide information.

• Like 1

Road rash queen. I've read her story before and definitely think twice anytime I think about riding without gear.

Well " i went out on saturday past, 27degree. buffalow jacket , no liner- flaps/vents open, T shirt below, jeans- boots , light gloves, .

it was great , fresh , :yeah:

Then , 40mls from home , ice cream in hand , we looked at sky..[ bit dark we thot] Well a mile down the road the Monsoon arrived,

It was as heavy .we were crawling at 30mph...rode thru massive puddle[ cuddna see it,] the wave flew over my head, filled my boots, it all happed so quickly, :glare: ,,, summer gear,,,bah ,,,,

• Like 1

I don't remember any bikes having side stands when I started riding, at least not mine or any of my mates, but then it could be just a date of birth thing, you know date of birth too long ago.

I dont know what age you are Meat, but my 59 Triumph has one as standard, and the 55 Triumph I owned years ago had one

Jimmy I'm a bit older than your triumph's and I wish my 56 BSA that I had back in the late 60's had one,I was the original 7 stone weakling back then and it took me ages to to get the hang of rolling her back just right so I could just flip her up on the stand.

I'm not saying they weren't around, I just don't remember seeing any.

My 1965 Yamaha YA-6 has both the side and main stands. I don't know much about British iron but I thought bikes went from mainly main stands to mainly side stands and then a little of both. Back in the early seventies my first bike was side stand only and my next was both - I think - but it was a long time ago now.

Same gear all year long joe rocket kevlar over pants and jacket,I just change what I wear under if it's hot shorts and a tee shirt the gear has enough venting to be ok in the city,but I tend not to ride in the city as much as possible.And keep adding layers as the temp cools.

Seen far to much road pizza to even think about going out without,and I shudder when I see people without gear on.Ity's also rule #1 in this house NO GEAR NO RIDING! my son knows I dont care if your only moving the bike to the trailer, push it or gear up or loose it

Only done the full leathers on track days.

Stand on the left ? I think it just like the standard shift pattern 1 down 4-5 up people are used to it so they just do it that way.I rode a old brittish bike years ago with the oppsit shift pattern once and hated it. And sure if they moved the stand to the right I wouldn't like that either, probably wouldn't buy the bike.