Mt. Hood on 2-Rails....

YamaHead
This post is 6647 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well it's been 3 or 4 years since I've been skiing @ Mt. Hood Meadows resort......always liked this view from just the parking lot ;) ....

Meadows001.jpg

It definitely coulda been clearer for weather, but the temps & wind I sure couldn't complain about! ;)

For my fellow 2-wheel Compadre's.....This is only 1 reason I Love to Ski! :wub: ...

Meadows003_Text.jpg

As you can see, Mt. Jefferson & the 3 Sisters are fairly clear in view.....

Those mountains are halfway down the state of Oregon.

But on a really clear day, I've seen Mt. Shasta waaay off in the distance :huh: ......that's over an 8 hour drive clear down in California! :blink:

1 more from a different, more challenging run.....

Meadows005.jpg

These were taken somewhere around 6,500ft. elev. There's also a chair lift that takes you up to the 7,500ft. mark.....which is a brilliant place for pics on the right day. But that lift doesn't run @ night due to lack of lighting up that high. My friend & I had decided to take a break halfway through the shift & head back down to his truck for some refreshments.....on the way there, we found a new cafe/bar....trailside @ about 6,000ft B) .....great place for a Beer & to give the legs a rest. Best part about Mtn. side pubs.....is the Beer's ALWAYS Cold! :thumb:

Also found out that a Frank Thomas rainsuit makes 1 helluva 1-piece ski suit!....Stayed dry & warm all evening. :thumb:

I would highly recommend for any of you to try Snow Skiing if you get the chance........Very similar skills to MotorBike riding & it really hones the foot/eye coordination....& the acceleration rate can be surprising with the right ski/hotwax & steepness combo.

Can't see El Mucho Twato(Pete) ever doing this though.....entirely too much Moisture involved! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

those are some killer shots! been a long time since i went up any mountains.... though i was usually driving over. really pretty scenery... i don't think i have ever been to mount hood. i know there are a couple places in the olympic mountains where the trails offer you a killer view across the straight, and a nice look at the canadian shore across the way. perhaps sometime this summer i'll actually be able to do a little motorcycle "touring" (long disctance rides... been meaning to ride up to canada for a while).

• Admin

Wow that looks awesome... i so need to go on a skiing holiday, considering my girlfriend used to be a ski instructor ive got no excuse... apart from the money! :angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online