Yamaha YZF750R US Import? EXUP valve issues.

This post is 3572 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone...I've recently become the proud owner of a 750 after many years of searching for the right bike!!!

I believe I have a US import YZF...I say believe as I've not seen any documentation relating to this, but there are 3 wires running to the indicators if that proves anything? From memory previous Yamahas I've owned with the EXUP system exercise the valve when the ignition is first turned on, and I was wondering if this is the same for the 750 as certainly the only percevable operation when the ignition is on is the fuel pump priming the fuelk system.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also, would anyone know a good vendor in the UK to get OEM decals or good quality replicas made? I would like to fit the SP style seat unit and remove the pillion pegs etc

Many thanks, Gizz.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I,ve got a US import YZF 750. It,s got three wires to the front indicators. Indicators light up when ignition is on. Unlike other YZFs, there is no on/off switch for the headlights (L/H light is dipped beam, both headlights on is main beam). EXUP valve doesn,t rotate when igniton is turned on.p.s. Disconnecting blue wires does away with indicators on. Hope this helps.

Nice one, cheers for that. She does run lumpy low down at the moment too, but I'm expecting that to be pilot jets and/or fuel filter which I'll have a look at this weekend. Are there any other differences I should be looking for?

Nice one, cheers for that. She does run lumpy low down at the moment too, but I'm expecting that to be pilot jets and/or fuel filter which I'll have a look at this weekend. Are there any other differences I should be looking for?

Besides side reflectors on front forks & rear mudguard, not a lot really. Keep an eye on oil level as they like a drink! Strip/clean/lube EXUP valve. Worth replacing emulsion tubes too, if it hasn,t been done already as they will wear... :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online