Yamaha jog lc help

Bristolboy
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right il start by saying I'm new to the site and the yamaha jog so if I sound a little clueless it's because I am ... Ok so I bought a liquid cooled jog for a bet and a bit of fun but it's not without it's faults the lad I bought it from had advertised it as having a mid race 50 kit mallosi 3.5 rollers new variater up jetted carb and race pipe but he said it won't idle and that he had messed about with the carb so I picked it up dirt cheap and planned to use it for short trips to the chippy etc I'm not looking to tune it to death as I have my old vtr1000 and r6 as main transport but I've looked everywhere for the standard carb settings without any luck there's no 2t oil res and no line going to the carb as he had been pre mixing the fuel which is fine as I always used to pre mix the fuel in my old enduro I'm really just trying to find 1 the correct carb setting as I'm hoping this maybe the reason it won't idle or at least sort one of the faults before I dive into what clutch springs he used and what rollers should be in the jog so PLEASE be gentle

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check reed valves for cracks allso new engine seals wont hurt at about £7 try it with exhaust off could be a blockage few simple things there first and foremost change the plug

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online