dt50 year?????

minibreaker
This post is 3571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi peeps i ahve just bought a dt50 mx from circa 1978 it has matching frame numbers but the dvla said i need a members club to verify what year and model it is. can anyone please help me with this please. if this is in the wrong section sorry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mini," you can get it from Yamaha UK.[ £50 prob] or join the air cooled club, and they"l issue a letter, one other thing ,,

DVLA may ask for a N.OV.A number,,,,, more money,,, :eusa_think:

have to do NOVA first, don't try and do anything else.

do it online.

then do as blackie suggested

You can do it at this site for a fee. You need a few photos of the bike, the numbers and the payment. PM Paul Dawkins.

Don't post the numbers on the site.

have to do NOVA first, don't try and do anything else.

do it online.

then do as blackie suggested

You don't need a NOVA if the bike has been here a while and you have the original paperwork dealing with the customs charges or is not imported.

they'll ask for it automatically. I'm sure it was built in Japan :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

Ha ha Drewps. It might have a UK model number (VIN number). NOVA is just for imports, not UK bikes that the DVLA couldn't be ar5ed to register when they went computerised a couple of decades ago. Still lots of these about. If it needs a NOVA by thread with all the details - including the phone numbers is around here somewhere.

hi i have adt50 with twin shock what years did they make these please and is their any model changes thru the years as i am trying to find out what year mine is thanks

EDIT DDT: Threads merged. Keep it in one place fella. When you get into the "sorting out" part, people will have the full history and not have to search around for all the single threads.

Best to make contact with Paul to see what he needs. If you have an old tax disc or reg plate you may not need a dating certificate. He would also be able to check the VIN against the DVLA database to see if it is registered for a small fee.

It might help if you say hello in the New Members Section. Often people who post questions without saying hello don't get much of a reply - especially from me. We have a resident DT50 lover (and Mod) who may have some parts or advice. We are a, mainly, friendly online club, not an on demand answer to people issues and a little nettiquete goes a long way here. Plenty of 2 stroke lovers on the site and we meet up for the 2 stroke rally in September - more details in the rally and ride our section or search the word Squires.

hi i have adt50 with twin shock what years did they make these please and is their any model changes thru the years as i am trying to find out what year mine is thanks

EDIT DDT: Threads merged. Keep it in one place fella. When you get into the "sorting out" part, people will have the full history and not have to search around for all the single threads.

Post up the first part of the frame number. Leave the last 4 digits off and replace these with ****

hi i will go get it now thanks for all your help and i thought i had added in the newbie bit but i had not. i have now and i hope i can help others as i am knowledgable in the 2 stroke world

Let me know if he doesn't come back to you in a couple of days and I will get hold of him on the Aircooled RD forum. The ACRD weekend is in Derby in a couple of weeks. Free to enter for day visitors. Details in a separate thread in the rally and ride out section. I might be popping over on Friday to pick some bits up in the car and on Saturday to say hello on one of my RD's (hopefully).

Wild Foamy seems to have some parts for sale in the For Sale section. This can only be viewed by paid members. He may be along later to help.

Give me a chance, just stumbled in from the pub.

Right, where we at, if its 70's, has twinshock and the 2M vin, its not an MX its an M, try either the french or german eBay sites as plastic panels imparticular seem to be easier to find over there, i have found a few dutch sites that do new pattern parts but you're looking around £400 for both mudguards and a pair of side panels.

Wemoto and Yambits stock a wide range of parts for the M and MX

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online