Anyone got access to a lathe?

rossonza
This post is 3664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need my spindles ida opening from 20mm to 22mm.

Got cash just no one to do the job.

Spindles 6.5 inches long. So I need the entire ida to be 22mm for my 22mm axle to slide through.

Thanks

Ross

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can you draw a diagram or something? im not quite sure what you mean, i made some spacers up for someone else not too long back.

It would be helpful if we knew what part of the Country you were in - One of the benefits in filling in a little of your profile.

There is a guy near me who could probably do the job. He is in Leicester.

I am waiting for a call from him later in the week as he is blasting and repainting a set of RD400 barrels and heads for me.

He has done a few jobs for me and I have always been happy. His prices have always been reasonable and he managed to skim a rear wheel brake hub for me within a couple of hours - hub still on the rim and with the tyre on so I managed to get the wheel off, hub skimmed and wheel back on the same day. He is one of these "old boy" engineers and works from his house.

Give him a call - his name is Bob.

I would suggest you keep his number as he does lots of bits like this that should be easy, but some how aren't.

thumbsup.gif

Well done Numan, now I would suggest you remove Bobs number before he starts getting called by all sort of weirdos

Well done Numan, now I would suggest you remove Bobs number before he starts getting called by all sort of weirdos

Ops, Sorry Jimmy. Number removed. He gets calls from me so he already gets weirdo calls.

• Like 1

Removing 2mm will make it weaker as the outer wall would be obviously thinner so beware.

I'm with Preload on this one

Those ends of the spindle dont look much more than 26mm ie 3mm wall thickness

A 22mm bore will make wall thickness 2mm

I dont follow, are you changing parts for some reason?

Thanks dirtydt but I've already looked on there for them.

I'm not worried about the spindle so ill wait for Bob to get the parts back to me and ill see how I get on

I can see what you are doing Rossonza and it would be cheaper & quicker to remove the 2mm, but it would have to be line bored absolutely bang on, slightly out and it would be scrap, a new axle made out of tougher material would be my fix.

On a MotoX bike the bearing carrier is there to spread the load across the axle, they are not fitted generally to road bikes as high impact doesn't happen that often. If you are doing a Supermoto conversion just for road use you should be okay.

Make sense to me. The guy does rebores etc so knows his way around a bike. I guess he asked you to send him the axle that needs to be inserted so he can get the tolerance right.

This is what this forum is about. Bikers helping bikers.

• Like 1

Thanks dirtydt but I've already looked on there for them.

I'm not worried about the spindle so ill wait for Bob to get the parts back to me and ill see how I get on

I called him this morning about something else and I think he had done your job and just needs to post it back to you.

Ahhh awesome, thats great. i messaged him on ebay yesterday but didnt hear anything back. I've not been asked to pay yet so was waiting for the total price.

Thanks for letting me know DirtyDT

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online