Least we not forget 70th Anniversary D-Day landings

sniff6
This post is 3607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now that is a clever photo, not so clever for the poor bloody German laying there, but I bet it would be a surprise to the family there if they could see into the past !!!

Always love these types of photo, such a great way to see just a snippit of what it was like back then. Must have been scary as fuck for all sides on D-day!

Least we not forget :thumb:

I love these too. It has been a very moving weekend seeing all the old boys back at the Normandy beaches. I loved the story of the bloke who escaped from his care home and went over and the almost 90 year old ex para who tandom jumped over the weekend.

• Like 2

My best story was the auld guy who got injured in the leg. He told his mates to go on without him, so he was left with two German prisoners, one with a bad stomach wound. The guy then says that as the Germans wound was worse than his, he gave him, the German, his own supply of morphine. Anyway along came a German patrol and start beating him about a bit until the the other German prisoner explained that the Tommy had given his mate the morphine. He says the whole attitude changed and he was looked after from that point.
The auld guy finished off his story with 'a bit of kindness saved my life'

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online