Ok I know it's "NOT" a Yamaha.

slice
This post is 3639 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok folks I have finally finished this bloody monstrosity who knew what a right pain in the arse it would be. Suzukis are right bastards to work on is all I can say, even tho I got it cheap it has turned out to be an expensive lesson in how to do up an old bike. Made a youtube vid for when it goes up for sale next week but I expect to make a loss on the whole thing, not that it really matters as I only wanted it to have a project, but if I see another one then it can quietly rot away as far as I am concerned. Anyway here she is in all her glory.

http://youtu.be/Zu1M6EibcsM

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

May have been a pain but it looks good :) I always liked the offset fuel cap on the 400 Bandit, one of those rare, sensible additions to a bike (subequently abandoned!)

• Like 1

Hi Tommy, Yeah just got it MOTd and so Sunday it's on the net and sold as fast as I can get rid of it, not that I don't think it's pretty and all that but it's been a right PITA from the start. Just hope someone small want's it cos if your over 5ft 9 you can't ride it without curling into a ball as it's tiny.

Hey slice that is a really nice end result you got there, I can see a lot of hours & money spent, hope you don't loose too much on it, I'm sure it will make someone very happy, just hope whoever gets it looks after it.

• Like 1

should get at least your money back,especially id its on ebay and the sun out

• Like 1

Thanks lads, it actually owes me about £550 what with the new cylinder head :shakeno: it needed and the new forks :shakeno: and all the wheel bearings needing replacing :shakeno: !!! shall I go on :crazy: ? perhaps not, let's just say that most of the bike you see is in fact a replacement part or new set of parts so for a "CHEAP" bike it's been an experience. :jossun: OH I forgot the £50 it cost me (doh!)

Just thought you folks would like to know :hyper: "I SOLD IT" :hyper: first guy turned up to view it and paid me the asking price straight off the bat, really chuffed it's gone to a new home and I will never have to work on it again. :hyper:

Well done mate, obviously you did a good job on it, making it easy for the guy to buy it.

Thanks lads, going to do the FJ next so I can have it ready for next year. Also my neighbour is thinking of selling his Triumph Bonnerville T140 so if I'm nice to her indoors that might be coming to visit, it's been stored in his garage for about 8 years and he is afraid of it !! so I am thinking of making him an offer. :jossun:

A good decision there mate, but I'm biased. Spares are plentiful and reasonably priced as well. The price of T140s have always lagged behind other Triumphs but they have been going up over the last year or 3 so make your move sooner rather than later mate.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online