Nailed It!

bippo
This post is 3781 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have some good news folks, and a massive relief - I FOUND ANOTHER JOB!!

So tonight is a celebration, and I'm hoping for the rest of this week I can get away somewhere on my bike as a celebration - still need to iron out the kinks there...

But aside from that, I'm so relieved that I found another job so soon after my redundancy. When I was offer the safety of another job (albeit in Cirencester), and I chose the risk of becoming jobless, it's sure paid off!

On the plus side it's a promotion, larger company and more money. The downside is that we'll be leaving Glossop and moving back down South, as I'll once again be working in the big smoke... Never mind.

Assuming I can still make it to Squires in September, then drinks are on me folks! Now, where's the champagne...

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congratulations! Well done for sticking with what you wanted and for moving back to the civilised parts :):1poke:

• Like 1

great news Bips, although there will be a little sad that your moving away from us.

Hope you can make squires too

Foams will be happy as your getting closer to him

• Like 1

Great news, congrats :eusa_clap: . And welcome back to civilisation :D

• Like 1

Well done Bipp, just goes to show you can't keep a good women down (mores the pity) hehehe I mean that in the nicest way honest!! :babyha:

• Like 1

Thanks all! Definitely sad to be leaving this neck of the woods, tis a lovely place, but you never know what the future holds.

Andrew - I'll be moving back to Surrey for the time being and working in Central London, Fleet Street in fact. Used to work in Holborn, and it's really not for me, but much rather that than be jobless, plus the pay rise covers additional expenditure.

• Like 1

The weather's usually nicer down this way as well! Congrats on your new job/promotion, an welcome back to the hustle and bustle of ol' London town!

• Like 1

Well done Bipps

• Like 1

Well done Bippo. I went to junior school in Surrey and spent a long time working around Holborn, Chancery Lane, Hatton Gardens, St Paul's etc. my last job whilst living in the South was at Victoria but spent a year since living in the midlands working at Euston (commuting). I haven't really been back to London for a good few years now (just family stuff for the odd day) but I don't miss it to be honest. Sometimes you just have to follow the work. Good luck.

• Like 1

Congrats on your new job Bippo, leaving the countryside and moving to the city will be a wrench though, never mind dear the future holds lot's of surprises let's just hope they are all good ones. :jossun:

• Like 1

Congratulations Bip, im a country lad but was Born in Southampton and didn't leave there till i was 15, in the same boat as you that i would never leave the country unless the crap hit the fan and the twat Bill needs to be paid.

Good luck with it and ride safe down there :kissflowers:

O and at Squires mines a large double whisky coke, no ice.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online