1982 RD350LC - Stood 20 years

mcferreira100
This post is 3188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I remember having a rigt nihtmare bleeding the brakes on my dt. The way I got around probably is ill advised but after spending hours and hours and getting nowhere I eventually had to add some top down presdure to the fluid to get the ball rolling. worked a charm.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Other side seals and new pads in. Bled brakes again and got good pressure. Keen to test them. These are SBS pads by the way.

2014-07-18140635_zps6310590d.jpg

Wow! This is going to be beautiful. :popcorn:

Super jealous. :)

Was going thru here and see I didn`t post a pic of how bad left hand carb was. Slide was so badly stuck it took 2 days soaking in vinegar to free it.

LHCarb_zps524b3fb0.jpeg

How it looks now

2014-07-20201124_zpsff8b3c97.jpg

cleancarbjpg_zpsdfe4e7e8.png

Aahhh Vinegar

My wife is constantly going on about all the invaluable uses of vinegar. I thought it was only good on your chips

for the gilera tank I used vinegar, worked a treat. Watch alloy though, it eats it

Lemon juice and water boil in a saucepan for carbs. White vinegar for fuel tanks. When you ride it does give you a craving for a doner kebab and chips - but that isn't a bad thing!

• Like 2

Exhaust cleanup today..paint tomorrow.

2014-07-22164218_zpsd3ee721b.jpg

Some new blood for Elsie.

2014-07-22123247_zps32d42372.jpg

New plugs..these gaps were considerably out..by 0.3mm.

2014-07-22123022_zps99464797.jpg

Was informed by my engine guy the reason for holdup with big end bearings. Japan have no stock of this model..only the powervalve..which takes a different size. So Yamaha had to make bearings up..they are done and in process of being shipped. Will be lucky to see my engine this week.

Exhausts painted

2014-07-23130732_zps54757671.jpg

Like the exhaust Mc, hope your sitting down when the bill arrives for that engine !! Never heard of anyone making up bearings before are they really that different?

Well bill supposed to be around 530 pounds all in, which I am happy to spend as I will know what I have. I am irritated he did not come to me sooner as I see Yambits have conrod kits available which includes big end bearings for this model (and I`ll bet they have stock). Going a bit crazy here waiting for this engine but will try relax and keep myself busy with the XT250 hard starting so long. When this engine arrives I will be opening some champagne.

Save me a glass mate!!! :jossun::biglaugha:

Lemon juice and water boil in a saucepan for carbs. White vinegar for fuel tanks. When you ride it does give you a craving for a doner kebab and chips - but that isn't a bad thing!

It certainly isn't

Says Jimmy between bites of his deep fried Mars Bar !!! You have to go some to put off the Scots when it comes to what not to eat. :biglaugha:

Killer diseases in Scotland

Research has shown that the majority of deaths in Scotland are caused by three serious health issues; these are heart disease, strokes and cancer.

Coronary Heart disease Statistics

Coronary heart disease is one of Scotland’s biggest killers, claiming over 10,000 lives each year; these figures are primarily associated with people over the age of 60, although the number of younger people affected by heart disease is rising.

Causes of heart disease

Heart disease can be caused by a number of factors; these include poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, heavy drinking and smoking; those with a family history of heart disease are also at greater risk of suffering from the condition in the future.

Slice

Whilst I'm more than happy to munch my way through a kebab or two, I dont eat chocolate, deep fried or otherwise. A couple of months ago I played in a rugby sevens tournament, then the next weekend I played in a full 15 a side game. These two weekends bridged my 50th birthday, so not bad for someone with such a National stereotype to fill

• Like 3

Only joking Jimmy, the Scots have a bad rep for their health but as we all know it's only the info you get from the papers that most folks read and they only like the

SENSATIONAL HEADLINE

news not the humdrum stuff that normal folks do. so hope I didn't offend mate. :sorry::bighug:

• Like 2

Absolutely none taken mate

• Like 1