Sat Nav and blue tooth Advice

This post is 3802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone. *waves* I thought I'd start by introducing myself . I'm Adam from Hereford. I've recently bought a yamaha xj6 diversion f, in the racing blue, when I say recently, I mean it's getting delivered tomorrow. I'm only just getting back into biking after a 4 year break. I was wondering what people do for their Sat navs. I used to have a Tom Tom rider but for the life of me can't find it any where and a new one is out of my budget. Does anyone use an ordinary sat nav with a water proof case ? Or will the tom Tom app on the iphone suffice? Secondly has anyone had any experience with the cheapy bluetooth headset going on eBay? Your advice and experiences would be much appreciated. I apologise if this topic had been covered already but I've tried a search and it's not come up with anything .

Thanking you in advance

Adam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Normal sat nav waterproofed with clingfilm. SECURELY fixed. The sat nav that is..

Bluetooth headset.. Pah, use your phone heaphones, double as earplugs, (so long as they have a mic in em).

I want sell my raider pro and buy a zumo 590 LM. is coming with charging dock+ original dock and RAM mount. can be yours for 120 pounds + shiping if you are interesed. is coming with NO scala raider, I will keep this. :)

I was very happy with the raider pro, the only problem was with cardo scala raider battery but I change this and the charging dock was on repair because one pin was broken. the map is west europe.

• Like 1

I Read a map before I go and commit the route to memory - really don't like the idea of Sat Nav on a bike - especially if you're not going to mainland Europe and beyond........... I like the challenge/adventure of relying I on my own orienteering skills.

My wife usually has a map, or a list of towns along the route to our destination, to make sure she keeps going in the right "general" direction (give or take 10-20 miles).

• Like 1

I dont have a satnav and prefer maps, however if going somewhere new I will scroll through google street view to pick out landmarks near any junctions etc

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online