XV 125 Virago - Air - fuel mixture screw tuning

Kelum
This post is 3729 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys, my bike has misses or no-firing at all at the front cylinder...rear cylinder ok...

Earlier the plugs were white. But now there are carbon deposits and the thin film on it when misses or no firing occur seems to be petrol or oil..Once you clean the plug you could ride it again...but not for long...

There is no heavy carbon build up..

I once tried to adjust air-gas mixture screw and seems am sending more gas and less fuel into the combustion chamber and once the plug gets wet, the bike misses...

Can someone tell me what the ideal setting is...? pls I get confused with 1/8th kinda turning stuff...may be explain the right way in some other way...?

That is fouling right...I had this issue before when I turned the screw all the way in and started.. plugs got wet and same missfire took place...current setting is more towards outside...

This carb bike having is the one from other bike ( I swapped them )..may be putting back its own would heal her?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Guys, my bike has misses or no-firing at all at the front cylinder...rear cylinder ok...

Earlier the plugs were white. But now there are carbon deposits and the thin film on it when misses or no firing occur seems to be petrol or oil..Once you clean the plug you could ride it again...but not for long...

There is no heavy carbon build up..

I once tried to adjust air-gas mixture screw and seems am sending more gas and less fuel into the combustion chamber and once the plug gets wet, the bike misses...

Can someone tell me what the ideal setting is...? pls I get confused with 1/8th kinda turning stuff...may be explain the right way in some other way...?

That is fouling right...I had this issue before when I turned the screw all the way in and started.. plugs got wet and same missfire took place...current setting is more towards outside...

This carb bike having is the one from other bike ( I swapped them )..may be putting back its own would heal her?

Anyone pls?

Is the front plug wet with petrol? Have you tested the front plug for a spark?

Yes seems to be petrol....right after the miss I checked for spark and it didnt give any, then I put another plug ( I carry several plugs with me ) and it gave spark...then she started...

But this seems to happen so often...I think I have screwed up the mixture screw...or the chambers getting too much petrol??

I replaced piston rings with new ones about an year ago..

hello?

Kelum. If i. Remember correctly. The pilot screws should go like this.

Turn all the way off then turn two and a half on.

See how that goes mate and report back.

Kelum. If i. Remember correctly. The pilot screws should go like this.

Turn all the way off then turn two and a half on.

See how that goes mate and report back.

Errr...if I turn all the way in what would happen? would it cut off fuel n air totally? What happens if I turn it all the way out? Or turning in all the way cuts off one component and increases another?? I want to understand this Noise...I have seen people say engine is rich now and lean now...could you come up with more explanatory thing pls...?

I need to get revenue certificate for the bike...You need to produce emissions report for that...I want to figure out the right setting for pilot screw which minimizes bad emissions...please help...

Errr...if I turn all the way in what would happen? would it cut off fuel n air totally? What happens if I turn it all the way out? Or turning in all the way cuts off one component and increases another?? I want to understand this Noise...I have seen people say engine is rich now and lean now...could you come up with more explanatory thing pls...?

If you turn the pilot jets all the way off and run the bike like that then the bike will not idle as the pilot jets are what controls the fuel air mixture for the idle.

If you open them all the way out she will idle fast and eratic and then your be having to piss about with the idle / tick over screw and will have to wind that all the way in to get it to tick over properly.

Like i say, turn the screws in all the way closed, then turn them back on two and a half turns and see if that works. my bike is running 122.5 main jets and ive had to advance my pilot jets to 4.5 turns open for her to pull away with out cutting out, but i may have to re jet her again once she's back onthe road.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online