2 Stroke gathering and YOC camping weekend 2014

Airhead
This post is 3510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the route;

start at Squires Newthorpe (N Yorks), turn right out of cafe and head for sherburn in elmett, turn left before shrburn ctr onto St Johns lane, keep going towards Lotherton hall, at B1217 turn right and head for Towton, turn left onto A162 go through towton ctr, turn right onto raw lane towards ulleskelf, follow B1223 to Ryther and then Cawood, at Cawood lights turn left onto B1222, go straight through Stillingfleet and on towards junction with A19, turn left onto A19 and stop in large layby just before Escric village. Fag break here for half an hour.

carry on towards Escric village, turn right onto Carr Lane (signposted village only) then turn right onto Skipwith road, turn left onto Wheldrake lane, at Wheldrake turn left at the wenlock arms onto dalton hill keep on towrads Elvington, at elvington Lane (B1228) turn right, keep going towards the school then turn left onto Dauby Lane, keep going to junction with A1079, turn right onto A1079, go through Kexby, turn left onto Long Lane towards Stamford Bridge, go through High Catton, at Stamford Bridge main road turn right onto A166, keep going up Garrowby Hill and on to Fridaythorpe, Seaways Cafe is on the left in Fridaythorpe.

Return journey is same route with maybe one or two little diversions if you follow me back (through Church Fenton and Staxton)

Read more: http://www.the2strokeforum.proboards.com/thread/11129/forum-rideout-sept-plan-read#ixzz3B0wO0vJe

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Some of us left on the run early last year and had a YOC convoy to seaways. We got there and grabbed a brew before 100 bikes turned up and formed an orderly queue for half an hour. Paul and I chugged back along the due carriageway.

Personally I would consider leaving with the main group and then getting the satnav to take me to seaways once the main field had strung out. We could all follow Paul again this year.

Some of us left on the run early last year and had a YOC convoy to seaways. We got there and grabbed a brew before 100 bikes turned up and formed an orderly queue for half an hour. Paul and I chugged back along the due carriageway.

Personally I would consider leaving with the main group and then getting the satnav to take me to seaways once the main field had strung out. We could all follow Paul again this year.

I'll be leaving early again this year. Hopefully get to sea ways in time to take pics!

look out Elvis, sounds like your arse will be smarting this year :eusa_shifty:

I'm hoping foamy will change his mind at the last minute!!
  • Like 2

Tommy and I had too much fun on the way there.

Its better if you stay in a large group as you tend to get away with more things ;)

Just had the OK from work to have the 5th off so I'll be travelling up from Notts. Woohoo

• Like 3

Cynics TDR will surprise you with speed and handling.

Heh heh. That was with busted wheelbearings and a worn back tyre.

New rubber this year.

• Like 2

Heh heh. That was with busted wheelbearings and a worn back tyre.

New rubber this year.

Are you happy to meet at MacD's on the Friday Jason?

Just had the OK from work to have the 5th off so I'll be travelling up from Notts. Woohoo

Great stuff.

This is the provisional route up.

sqwayup.jpg

• Like 1

Are you happy to meet at MacD's on the Friday Jason?

Which mucky d. The one on the A1 same as last year?

yep had a great time looking forward to it :hyper:

I think Kev was in the main group, but he got lost again :razz:

i did :eusa_snooty: . i also had my work cut out keeping up with two local lads on rd's

who new the way, talk about shit your pants, i almost filled mine on some of those bends,

if i have half as much fun this year i'll be a happy GAY guy.

• Like 1

The one below in Nottingham. It should keep us off the A1, except for a short spell, and Finners can come across from Derby whith anyone else being easy to find us too.

Jason, Andrew, Finners and anyone else going and meeting in the midlands to ride up.

Do you fancy meeting at McDonald's (55A Radcliffe Rd West Bridgford Nottingham NG2 5FX) and travelling up the A60, A631, A614, A1041, A63, A162 route?

About 90 miles and about 3 hours ride from there plus stop(s).

It means Finners can come across from Derby and we can head north.

Any thoughts?

No - one at Nottingham. Around post 298 ish there is a postcode