Spirit crushed: took the car

neversaydie
This post is 3790 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The wet weather finally got to me last week. looked out the kitchen window Friday and Saturday, still pissing down both days, just couldn't face another ride at 5.30am in the dark, rain, roads covered over with sheets of water that hide the potholes, took the car both days.

I can't recall ever seeing the roads in such dreadful condition

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No it's not good. I'm down at my parents at the moment where roads are close due to flooding.

Left this morning on the bike, in the rain. Luckily the weather cleared up and it's been quite a nice day, but the roads were terrible - flood signs everywhere, debris and potholes galore.

I only used a bike to commute on twice this week. I did come home from work and then go out for a ride so only 3 day's usage. It's just miserable out.

Been a bit damp around Cambridge, but sun out and no rain. Pity the battery was on charge for most of it!

Well I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been out on my bike since about November. In fairness to me we have only had about one or two dry days since then, and the winds only settled down this week, so maybes soon

I just get wet and deal with it... ;)

I was out today for first time this year and apart from the low sun it was great I really enjoyed it, only went to Warrington which is about 8 miles each way but the town center was gridlocked around 4pm when all the shops were closing, I was so glad I went on the bike,

big grin from ear to ear riding through that lot. :spin2:

I don't have a car to use (or a license to drive one). It's the bike or walk whatever the weather's doing.

I rather enjoyed it on the bike today, mind you it's dark when I leave so no need to worry about low sun.

It wasn't too cold (good job really as for some reason I walked out the house with gear I'd normally wear in summer!) There was a strong wind (oi oi) over the Pennines which would have knocked me for six on the YBR, but with the Tiger I didn't have to take one of my "emergency side roads".

And to top it off I had a nice chap on a moped pull up next to me at some red lights for a chat. Always nice to spread the biker love, regardless of what you ride.

Roads weren't too saturated, managed to miss the worst of the rain during both legs of the trip, but alas my clean bike is now dirty again, ha ha!!

• Like 2

I rather enjoyed it on the bike today, mind you it's dark when I leave so no need to worry about low sun.

It wasn't too cold (good job really as for some reason I walked out the house with gear I'd normally wear in summer!) There was a strong wind (oi oi) over the Pennines which would have knocked me for six on the YBR, but with the Tiger I didn't have to take one of my "emergency side roads".

And to top it off I had a nice chap on a moped pull up next to me at some red lights for a chat. Always nice to spread the biker love, regardless of what you ride.

Roads weren't too saturated, managed to miss the worst of the rain during both legs of the trip, but alas my clean bike is now dirty again, ha ha!!

Bippo" you are Hardcore, :eusa_clap:

• Like 2

What can I say Blackhat - I just love riding!

And Tommy... Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. Naughty man...!

• Like 2

Been a right mixed bag this week

Had a nice dry sunny ride in to work one day, pissing rain both ways another, then the bike covered in frost last night in the car park

Gonna have to clean both bikes soon too, dont like taking em for MOTs covered in winter road shite

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online