1981 SR250 choking at 3000rpm

stubanger
This post is 3777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys after spending the afternoon with my clapped out sr250 I still cant get her to run right.Shes been sittin for 5 months as I have been ridin the wheels off my XJ900 but the xj is off the road for repairs time to get the putt putt commuter out.

Long story short (ill try) I drained the fuel and bowl(fuel still looked and smelt alright) put a battery and fuel in, brand new plug n topped up the oil lubed chain,checked air filter, tyre pressures etc.

She started first pop off the starter and I let her idle for about 10 mins and did a lap of the block. Now while it idled mint and revved freely however I wound out second then into third and she choked then stalled.Fired backup straight away and I putted back home.

I then pulled the carb checked the jets (all clear) float height checks out fine.Threw it back together and went for a ride same problem.Checked vacume line to petcock and inlet.Pulled the petcock and no blockages (probs only 2 years old) then tried goin for a spin with the tank cap open still nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as its drivin me nuts!

Cheers,

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a quick thought try running it in the prime position on the pet cock

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online