I have had a great biking Christmas

DirtyDT
This post is 3835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Santa brought me some great biking bits;

A Bultaco open face helmet

A pair of Halcyon goggles - with tinted lenses

A white silk motorcycle scarf

I am really made up and I am so pleased with what Santa chose for me. That sorts out my classic look for my old bikes rideouts however there is more.

Some of you may know that I sold my SV before Christmas, this has left me with no main bike. During the holidays I have been looking on Fleabay for another commuter and saw some "possibles" in the local Yami main dealers. I wanted a naked bike and really was set on a XJ6-N. The local dealer had 3 used ones between the 2010 to 2011 range in stock so I thought I would pop down and have a look when the reopened after Christmas. They also had a white FZ8-N which had a few scuffs on it.

Taking a chance, I popped down there this morning to find that they were open. I had a look at the used XJ6's, and to be fair, they were very nice. I also had a look at the used white FZ8.

I wandered over to look at the new XJ's and they were heavily discounted, enough to justify buying new. Looking around them what really stood out was the swingarm, I really disliked the look of it. I decided that the FZ8 was going to be a better buy so I went over to have a second look. It did look nice but by the window were a pair of new FZ8's, one blue and one black. Strolling over I saw the OTR price was really competitive! Before I left home my partner said "make sure you buy something that is safe and is what you want".

Dilemma time!! So, out of the shop for a quick ciggie and serious think.....

Back in the shop I started talking to the shop owner about the new FZ'8's. Any more discounts etc. We agreed on a discount on any other merchandise in the shop and I picked up a AGV Skyline helmet. We agreed a price for the helmet and a bike (black) and I paid the bill.

I am now (well soon to be) the owner of a new black FZ8N. The bike is to be registered on 2nd January 2014 - so a 2014/63 plate - and I am going to pick the bike up (Thursday).

I got home and got the insurance sorted on it. At home I told my partner what I had brought and she said she is happy if that was the bike I wanted. To top it off I said that I needed to throw my jacket and trousers in the wash to Nikwax wash and reproof them. She told me to buy some new stuff so a selection of Alpinestars and Dainese gortex jacket, trousers and gloves are on their way too.

Spent too much money but all purchases should last me a while......

A library picture of the new steed. It should look like this:

FZ8.jpg

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bloody hell DDT!! What a win! Well done you, looking forward to seeing pics of it.

And as for your woman, definitely a keeper, ha ha!!

Christmas was really good for me too, more camping gear so no excuses next year! In terms of biking stuff:

ROK straps, handlebar bag (easier to get my work pass out of!), roll top bag, top box liner bag, new winter gloves, key ring, acoustic earplugs, Triumph t-shirt and jacket, loads of winter socks.

In addition to the tank bag I bought myself shortly before Crimbo I think I did pretty well!

• Like 1

Blimey what a fantastic Xmas Numan, the bike looks spot on in black, You're really gonna look look the part in the open face lid in the TS, I expect to see it at squires next year,

I keep mulling over getting one myself but not sure about the goggles with wearing glasses !

I got me a Belstaff wax cotton jacket (old one) its not a trialmaster though but It's very nice all the same... :)

• Like 1

wow, nice one/ Look forward to seeing some more on this and the openface with gigs. Got a NOS goggles despite its glass (laminated I hope)

should be up for some longer touring escapes then?

• Like 1

Cheers girls and guys.

I am looking forward to picking it up on Thursday. I haven't brought a new bike since 1994 so after 20 years I must be due one.

The Bultaco lid, goggles and scarf look great on and if there is a Squires in 2014, they will be there. I can remember John wearing an open face and goggles a couple of years ago there - on the DT I think??.

Paul - Well done on getting anything waxed, I missed out on a 2 piece Trailmaster jacket and trousers a couple of years ago. 99p with no bidders or reserve and I forgot to check it when it was a short time left to go. It didn't sell but they re-auctioned it and it went for a couple of hundred quid. I have my old Lewis leather jacket that I like wearing on the TS. It's so last season :huh:

I'll throw some pictures up when I get it and the good thing is I will only have to wash it once, when I sell it, so I have saved myself one bike wash too :thumb: .

Nice bike what a beast. I didn't get bought anything but I treat myself to a new jacket and an half decent pair of winter gloves. I think I'm going to get a decent helmet now the sales are on. I've been dying for a full face with tinted visor since first getting on the road.

• Like 1

Well done mate, a great looking bike..................but nobody gets nowt for nowt, what's the good lady after?

• Like 1

Well done mate, a great looking bike..................but nobody gets nowt for nowt, what's the good lady after?

She isn't after anything. I did have one of those in the past but I am lucky I have a really great lady now.

Well done mate! Jealous much lol. What more could one man want? A great bike, great gear and to top it all a great lady!

Happy new year Numan!

• Like 1

She isn't after anything. I did have one of those in the past but I am lucky I have a really great lady now.

Well done then mate. btw I didnt mean that in a bad way

• Like 1

Well done mate! Jealous much lol. What more could one man want? A great bike, great gear and to top it all a great lady!

Happy new year Numan!

Cheers, and to you and your's Andrew. Hope to see you in 2014

Well done then mate. btw I didnt mean that in a bad way

No offense taken Jimmy. Don't worry, us English will be able to put that wall back up next year ;).

• Like 2

Definitely up for something this new year - even if squires turns into a charity shop lol. Hopefully this year without L plates!

Enjoy your bike Thursday fingers crossed the weather will be kind! Btw my mate got himself a RC helicopter for christmas and he's invited me round for a play....... hehe!

• Like 1

.............even if squires turns into a charity shop.....................

.............Enjoy your bike Thursday fingers crossed the weather will be kind!......

Not a lot of difference there then.

They forecast showers and less windy so lets see what happens and hopefully not too wrong.

All the new biking gear has turned up and I got a Givi black bikini screen for it. The doorbell hasn't stopped ringing and started with a delivery of a 6 yard skip this morning.

Btw my mate got himself a RC helicopter for christmas and he's invited me round for a play....... hehe!

Never had one but I have always been fascinated by them. I think Cynic is into RC stuff but I don't know what he has.