SORN From 16-12-2013

sniff6
This post is 3789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick heads up people.As the title says:

The government has made some changes to the regulations for Continuous Insurance of vehicles in the UK.

From 16-12-2013 it will no longer be necessary to renew a SORN every year as long as you remain the owner of the car. But if you sell a car on a SORN, the newicon1.png owner will need to register it to himself and declare his own SORN. The SORN does not pass from one keeper to another.

tax_disc_ro08_dzj_to_28_02_13.jpg

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscellaneous/2013-12/no-need-to-renew-sorn-from-16-12-2013/

Also read this as it looks like the government has had an epiphany

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/10501694/Vehicle-tax-made-simpler.html

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Sniff I have been wondering what this SORN was all about,we dont have it so everytime someone would mention it I was confused.

I think our system is simpler the plates/vehicle dont get registered to just the vehicle or owner they get registered to both and you can only get plates from the gov/mot,road tax get paid every time you buy gas,insurance is caculated by milage pre year renewual,and if caught without insurance,driver points and vehicle impoundment at 100 per day for 30 days+ 5k fine so as you can see it cost about 8k to get caught even if you dont get in a accident ,get in one and kiss your life good bye you will be paying for the rest of it. The gov will take it right off your pay cheque before you get it.

I think from late 2014 there will be no tax discs. You will still have to pay road tax but you wont get a physical disc.

Thanks Sniff was wondering how it was going to work, that made it really clear.

tax_disc_ro08_dzj_to_28_02_13.jpg

£30 for a Tax disc, that's great, however.................

c8087993-2d67-4932-a039-2d949033ff72_zps

good news it was easy to do online it was just remembering to do it every year & if you forgot you got a fine,

I don't think it should ever have applied to bike's in the first place but a step in the right direction.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online