Just bought myself an FJ1200 !!!

slice
This post is 3805 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok doing the EBAY thing and saw a good deal on ebay, next thing you know I now own a FJ1200, just got to tell the wife :madflame: , that's not a conversation you will want to hear about.

So going to pick it up during the week in Macclesfield just got to hire a van and go and get it, seems ok and the guy selling it says it's alright but will have to give it the once over when I get there, thanks to Tasky (thanks again mate) I now know what to look for and at least I will not be buying blind as the FJ website has all the "what to look for" bit's and bob's laid out, so as soon as I get it home will get some photos up for you all to look at, wish me luck please as I might be sleeping in the shed till next Christmas !!! :bawling::fingerwave::sorry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congrats! Theyre great bikes-a mate of mine put 120,000kms on his-sold it @ 195,000 plenty of compression left in it. Good luck with the missus lol! (grab rails for pillion on the fj's are useless if wearing winter gloves)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

. ....grab rails for pillion on the fj's are useless if wearing winter gloves....

That shouldn't be a worry, it sounds like he will be single soon :lol:
  • Like 1

WOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!

Make sure to join that Owners Club as well, as they do all manner of nice prices on parts, manuals and even some funky exclusives!

Congrats! Theyre great bikes-a mate of mine put 120,000kms on his-sold it @ 195,000 plenty of compression left in it. Good luck with the missus lol! (grab rails for pillion on the fj's are useless if wearing winter gloves)

Yep, FJs frequently go right round the clock twice or even thrice!

Not had any issues with the grab rails myself... at least nothing worse than most bikes, anyway.

It might depend on the model, though - Later ones had two handles on the sides instead of the single rear rail. I prefer pillions hold on to me anyway, unless there's a top box...

Or just take her for a ride on it and let her be amazed!!

Thank you all I'm well chuffed, it has the 2 grab handles on it so might be a later one, don't know anything about it really just have to wait and see, feel like a kid at Christmas !!!!!!! A 1990 bike and has 67K on the clock so might be a good one, back soon with more news. :jossun:

Good on ya Slice. Looking forward to seeing piccies.

As for the wife - just splash out a little more on her at Christmas!

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's a 3CV, the middle model. Reckoned by many to be the best of the lot!

how much you pay for this. I ask you because I just saw one posted yesterday on gumtree, low milleage, 1400 pounds and I don`t know if is ok the price or not.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/yamaha-fj1200/1040710640

lallasro, was not going to say but as your thinking about it I paid £450 for it, it runs and rides ok and has been stored for a while but has 2 new tyres and just needs a service and LOT'S of cleaning. Just told my wife what I've done and it's gone very quiet !!!!!!!!! Oh she's just told me to make sure I have enough cash to pay the guy and for diesel, Ok who stole my wife and where did this one come from???

how much you pay for this. I ask you because I just saw one posted yesterday on gumtree, low milleage, 1400 pounds and I don`t know if is ok the price or not.

Sounds interesting, perhaps a little high-priced, but most private sales are.

Only way to really tell is to go along and look it over, have a fiddle and listen to the engine.

My 3XW was £500 at auction, bit of basic work, full service/overhaul and ended up being £900's worth of awesomeness!!

• Like 1

Best of luck with the bike, hope she's a good wan !!

don't worry bout the wife,,,,,, its easier to get forgiveness than permission,,,,,, shell be grand after a while

• Like 1

Brave man Slice my finger has hovered over the bid button on numerous occasion's but always managed to resist the temptation knowing the perils of my action's and consequences would far outweigh any pleasure gained.

good luck mate hope you live long enough to enjoy it :hyper:

• Like 1

Tried to post pictures most of today and it keeps freezing my machine, lot's of swearing and general muttering about computers and computer programmers in general and finally decided to just list the new bike in the garage section, so if your interested in seeing my new baby go and have a look cos right now I am well pissed off. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike looks stunning, chap!!

Might wanna black out your reg plate, though, just in case ;)

Open the photo in Paint, scribble black all over it and then save the file. Easy as.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online