YAMAHA DT125R OIL PUMP

This post is 3759 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im repairing the oil pump but i got a few problems,

1st problem is the oil pipe that goes from the oil tank to the pump , i cant fit the black pipe into the clutch cover does anyone know a way of fitting this pipe apart from cutting the ends of the pipe.

2nd i`m not sure which side the oil tank goes on the side of the clutch or the side of the generator (i think its the clutch side)

3rd the cable that goes on the oil pump , does this cable connect to the throttle cable

my bikes mashed up its a 92 frame and parts from a 98 and 96 dtr

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I get the pipe back through the plastic grommet with a little lubrication, a pair of snipe nosed pliers, and some swearing!

I did contemplate trimming the end of the pipe with a Stanley knife to give it a taper, but have managed without so far.

Can't help with tank location on that bike, but yes the pump cable should connect to the throttle cable somehow.

HTH

Mark

You'll have to upload the pics to a host like photobucket and then link them here. Check out the FAQ thread for more help. :)()

• 1 month later...