The countdown to Crimbo has officially started

DirtyDT
This post is 3782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bollocks... It doesn't start until 1st Dec with yer Advent Calendars and doesn't end until first paycheque AFTER the 25th!!

I am SO looking forward to not buying presents for the children of relatives I don't even see, and instead getting back to spending money on my PC upgrade!

• Like 1

Bollocks... It doesn't start until 1st Dec with yer Advent Calendars and doesn't end until first paycheque AFTER the 25th!!

I am SO looking forward to not buying presents for the children of relatives I don't even see, and instead getting back to spending money on my PC upgrade!

You're the gezza, Ebenezer :yeah:

Eezah-good, Eezah-good...

• Like 1

Im with team Foamy

Ho, ho, ho is it just me who has the Christmas tingle?

Only a few weeks to go before we find out if we have been naughty or nice and that, kindly faced, bariatric man with the wacky dress sense pops in and gives us lucky ones gifts.

A time when we can celebrate the birth of baby Jesus with too much food, booze and old films on the TV, just like they did in days gone by.

A time when, if we have any cash left after the Government, banks and the rest of the profiteering world have taken there cut, we can spend our heating and cooking money on buying stuff that the recipient doesn't really want or need.

A time when most people have to visit people they don't really like or get on with and spend a few hours pretending all is peachy.

What's not to like?

Ho, ho, ho

I will be snuggled up with my loved ones, hiding from family and tucking into Turkey, sprouts - I love sprouts - all the trimmings and looking forward to the Stilton, smoked salmon, cold cut and pickles in the evening. Anyone know what old films are on tv on Christmas and boxing days?

Most likely Zulu, Die hard, Miracle on 34th street, home alone O and its a wonderful life

Most likely Zulu, Die hard, Miracle on 34th street, home alone O and its a wonderful life

I really hope so, they are some of my favourite films. Christmas wouldn't be the same without them! I hope the Dads army and George and Mildred films are on again this year. Nothing better than to sit and watch them whilst stuffing my face with half a tin of roses, half a tin of quality street and a bowl of salty peanuts straight after Christmas lunch in preparation of my tea.

Ho, ho, ho is it just me who has the Christmas tingle?

This early in the year?

YES YOU ARE!!! :lol:

Well if Dads army aint on this year i have the movie on DVD so it will be on and the father inlaw has Zulu so that will be on too ha ha. saying that i watched the Dads Army episode the other night when they where issued the Artillery Gun such a funny episode!

This early in the year?

YES YOU ARE!!! :lol:

There are only 6 Saturdays to go to Crimbo.

That is 6 weekends when you can be pushed and shoved for some Primark "bargains" or barged out of the way in W H Smiths.

6 Weekends to make your annual trip to Body Shop.

I've always been a little premature!!!!!

Well if Dads army aint on this year i have the movie on DVD so it will be on and the father inlaw has Zulu so that will be on too ha ha. saying that i watched the Dads Army episode the other night when they where issued the Artillery Gun such a funny episode!

I do love Dad's army - the series and the film. Zulu was on TV (a few times) the other weekend so not sure if it made the bill this year.

Are those nice boys Morecambe and Wise on again this year?

Are those nice boys Morecambe and Wise on again this year?

Cant find any thing on Google so may have to wait and see, may have some thing on comedy central or on the BBC, they are normally on around crimbo time along with a good Steptoe and Son :hyper:

There are only 6 Saturdays to go to Crimbo.

That is 6 weekends when you can be pushed and shoved for some Primark "bargains" or barged out of the way in W H Smiths.

6 Weekends to make your annual trip to Body Shop.

Meh... That's 4 weeks in which to figure out what I'm buying those who *have* been good this year (ie members of the family who have not pissed off my wife) and get them sorted, wrapped and delivered in time... with another week before December's paycheque, with which I can either decide to get back to building myself a decent gaming PC immediately, or start saving for any January sales that may happen!!

It is, however, roughly 6 weeks until the PC has to be turned off and put into hibernation for almost a week while we have various people visiting and yuletiding and all that... the upside, though, is that my homebrew mead might be ready in time!!

• Like 1

I get 2 weeks off work, 2 weeks in which i intend to spend as much time shitfaced as possible, avoid arguments with the family and stay inside as much as possible so that my ass doesnt freeze off..

I get 2 weeks off work, 2 weeks in which i intend to spend as much time shitfaced as possible.........................

Looking in my crystal ball I can see some new bikes on the horizon.

• Like 2