It's a sad day but he left a great legacy

DirtyDT
This post is 3840 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

and me mate

I remember my first time seeing a doner kebab....London 1980 and I thought it looked disgusting (I was young and innocent then), anyway slide forwards about 6 years and the 1st kebab shop opened in Gourock, and I still thought they were disgusting until one night about 3 yrs after it opened. I had rolled out the pub at late oclock and missed the chinese. The only shop open was this kebab shop. In I stagger asking if they did any 'real' food. The guy offered me a piece of doner meat to try...Well beat me with a big stick, it was the best friggin thing I had tasted in my drunk life. I'm still miffed that I had denied myself this treat for 9 years

• Like 1

The only shop open was this kebab shop. In I stagger asking if they did any 'real' food. The guy offered me a piece of doner meat to try...Well beat me with a big stick, it was the best friggin thing I had tasted in my drunk life. I

:thumb: That was my intro to them as well.... Chickrn sheish is better tho... :rolleyes:

When I was younger the Kebab van was like a magnet when I stumbled out of the pub. Never ate one sober until a Kebab shop opened where I was living (about ten years ago) and the fish n chip shop closed so the only takeaway was kebab. It was a little village.

I can remember our first local Chinese takaway, about 1974 , we couldn"t eat the stuff , thot it stank too, it was double the price of chippy too, :yeah:

Being only 37, my first taste of a kebab was in 92. Not after a drunken night out but during dinner break at school I tried some kebab meat on a portion of chips! It would then be a daily dinner - sometimes even as a full kebab when I was feeling more flush on a Monday after getting paid for my paper round! Only after I turned 18 did I appreciate how much better they tasted when pi**ed!

Could do with one now for breakfast lol!!