Signing in ? ?

GREIGE
This post is 3843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK. even though I always Sign Out before I leave the Forum Board...

As soon as I hit my Bookmarked short-cut it comes up with me ALREADY signed In ? ? ?

Wot ? ?

It never used to do that. And all the other forums etc.. on my bookmark bar are fine.

Confused...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No. I just make a point of signing out of Forums to show Im not available if anyone replies.

Means they arent waiting for hours on a response.

EG. You asked the question at 10:38pm last night. I am now replying at 06:45 the next morning.

I think when you sign out, your out as it were, but when you click back to the site it auto signs you back in

well I assume that's how it works it's bit like not knowing if the fridge light has gone out when you close the door :shrug:

True. But its the only Forum that does it.

And does the fridge light really go out ? ? ? .....................

True. But its the only Forum that does it.

And does the fridge light really go out ? ? ? .....................

There are other forums??????

I've covered the fridge light query in depth somewhere on here, but I'm afraid I wasn't 100% sober and can't remember where!!

I've covered the fridge light query in depth somewhere on here, but I'm afraid I wasn't 100% sober and can't remember where!!

Foamys Ponderspace is where i found mention of Fridge Light.......

Its that damned cat again :eusa_think:

Erwin Schrödinger, the Austrian quantum physicist, has been celebrated in a Google Doodle which depicts his most widely-known contribution to the field: the Schrödinger’s Cat mind experiment.

In the hypothetical experiment, which the physicist devised in 1935, a cat is placed in a sealed box along with a radioactive sample, a Geiger counter and a bottle of poison.

If the Geiger counter detects that the radioactive material has decayed, it will trigger the smashing of the bottle of poison and the cat will be killed.

The experiment was designed to illustrate the flaws of the ‘Copenhagen interpretation’ of quantum mechanics, which states that a particle exists in all states at once until observed.

If the Copenhagen interpretation suggests the radioactive material can have simultaneously decayed and not decayed in the sealed environment, then it follows the cat too is both alive and dead until the box is opened.
Common sense tells us this is not the case, and Schrödinger used this to highlight the limits of the Copenhagen interpretation when applied to practical situations. The cat is actually either dead or alive, whether or not it has been observed.
“[it] prevents us from so naively accepting as valid a "blurred model" for representing reality,” Schrödinger wrote. “In itself, this would not embody anything unclear or contradictory.”
Schrödinger’s Cat has been used to illustrate the differences between emerging theories in quantum mechanics, by testing how they would approach the experiment.
For example, the ‘many worlds interpretation’, developed in the 1950s, would argue that when the box is opened, the observer and dead-and-alive cat split into two realities, in one of which the observer sees a dead cat and the other an alive one.
The experiment has also been widely influential in popular culture, having been referenced in TV shows such as Futurama, Doctor Who and The Big Bang Theory as well as appearing in the works of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. :crazy::crazy:

I wondered where I'd got such a weird analogy from hehehe

Its that damned cat again :eusa_think:

Erwin Schrödinger, the Austrian quantum physicist, has been celebrated in a Google Doodle which depicts his most widely-known contribution to the field: the Schrödinger’s Cat mind experiment.

In the hypothetical experiment, which the physicist devised in 1935, a cat is placed in a sealed box along with a radioactive sample, a Geiger counter and a bottle of poison.

If the Geiger counter detects that the radioactive material has decayed, it will trigger the smashing of the bottle of poison and the cat will be killed.

The experiment was designed to illustrate the flaws of the ‘Copenhagen interpretation’ of quantum mechanics, which states that a particle exists in all states at once until observed.

If the Copenhagen interpretation suggests the radioactive material can have simultaneously decayed and not decayed in the sealed environment, then it follows the cat too is both alive and dead until the box is opened.

Common sense tells us this is not the case, and Schrödinger used this to highlight the limits of the Copenhagen interpretation when applied to practical situations. The cat is actually either dead or alive, whether or not it has been observed.

“[it] prevents us from so naively accepting as valid a "blurred model" for representing reality,” Schrödinger wrote. “In itself, this would not embody anything unclear or contradictory.”

Schrödinger’s Cat has been used to illustrate the differences between emerging theories in quantum mechanics, by testing how they would approach the experiment.

For example, the ‘many worlds interpretation’, developed in the 1950s, would argue that when the box is opened, the observer and dead-and-alive cat split into two realities, in one of which the observer sees a dead cat and the other an alive one.

The experiment has also been widely influential in popular culture, having been referenced in TV shows such as Futurama, Doctor Who and The Big Bang Theory as well as appearing in the works of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. :crazy::crazy:

WOW thank's for that I think!

So would this cat be a zombie, if it is neither dead or alive, or indeed BOTH dead and alive at the same time

Whenever I have discussed this cat I always ask the same question and no-one has answered it with conviction

What was the cats name?

Just googled DW and I refer you to your new T shirt logo

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online