'Chink' was the sound, then the sound of silence

Airhead
This post is 3895 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

NO! Any ideas what happened? And on such a glorious day too...

Just pulled it apart. 2 broken rings!

It's been making a right racket ever since I put my spare barrel on. I'm surprised it lasted this long...it was worn out and ported, last oversize chinese piston no doubt

All is not lost though. Jason kindly sent me another barrel up and it's at the re-borers from last friday...then it'll have to go for aqua blasting because it's cosmetically grotty. Hopefully I'll be back on the road soon and it looks like I might be running in if I get it sorted for the rally

Just pulled it apart. 2 broken rings!

It's been making a right racket ever since I put my spare barrel on. I'm surprised it lasted this long...it was worn out and ported, last oversize chinese piston no doubt

All is not lost though. Jason kindly sent me another barrel up and it's at the re-borers from last friday...then it'll have to go for aqua blasting because it's cosmetically grotty. Hopefully I'll be back on the road soon and it looks like I might be running in if I get it sorted for the rally

So running it in to Squires? Will it make "the hill" on the Saturday??

Well that sucks so close to your guys big event,did it take the bottom end with it? Last bore is always sketchy now all that fancy tuning is out the window and your going to have to start over, at least you have all the stuff to do it now.

Good luck hope you get it back together and running fine for squires

The barrels at the borers, pick up friday

saturday it's off to the aqua blasters and then to work for a respray

I'm waiting for a set of rings to end on ebay, got a new piston and pin and small end

if it all goes exceptionally well she'll be back together next week when the rings arrive ...hopefully :eusa_shifty:

that's the hard part, waiting for parts. especially when you want to get in it!

Aah so you have opted for the it head with central spark plug! I may try this too, let us know how you get on!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online