Foamys Ponderspace...

wild foamy
This post is 3888 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay peeps, there's a few things been playing on my mind.

i got into a conversation with the incredibly God-bothering girlfriend of one of my buds, she was explaining to me about how God made the earth and everything in it e.t.c, and i was explaining how personally the evolution theory provides more evidence, it sort of got me thinking.

... IF we didnt evolve from simians... then why did we build vehicles that we control with our feet?... and why do our feet still have independently mobile toes?, maybe to hold branches?.

This new medication is ace.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Many imponderables

If man walked out of africa and then spread out into asia/eurpoe, then where did the Neanderthals come from? Did they evolve also from monkeys but a different breed.

Were Neanderthals men?

Religion? A crutch for easily manipulated people to lean on , and a method of controlling the behaviour of billions of people

We could take this one step further and say that we all evolved from alien organisms living in meteors/comets etc which carried the water needed to create life when they crashed to the earth. Therefore, we are all aliens to this planet.

Just a thought.

Ps My medication is better!

Many imponderables

If man walked out of africa and then spread out into asia/eurpoe, then where did the Neanderthals come from? Did they evolve also from monkeys but a different breed.

Were Neanderthals men?

Religion? A crutch for easily manipulated people to lean on , and a method of controlling the behaviour of billions of people

Didn't we evolve from the chimpanzee family and not monkeys?

yes and If God didn't want us to eat animals why did he make them out of meat!!

The way to a mans heart is through his stomach.

Unless he is a vegetarian, then it's through his vagina!

A ponderable for your mate's God bothering girlfriend:

God created Adam as the first man and took a rib from him to create Eve as the first woman.

Adam and Eve had two sons, Caine & Abel.

Caine killed Abel.

Caine took a wife.

Where did the wife come from?

If I recall correctly, pagan beliefs bring preadamite theories. Where Cain took a wife (and a city?) it is suggested that this was a preadamite wife. Which also suggests evolution as she had Neanderthal features.

Given that the bible is only one councils version of the truth (history accounts are normally written by victors in battles etc) it is obviously biased towards the coming of God (1st Testament) and then his life on Earth in mans form (2nd) and only includes accounts which are favourable to one persons theory of how we came to be.

...... Not sure where I was going with this now.......

Nurse! More pills please!

Originally cars were mainly controlled by hand. Throttles, advance/retard etc were hand controls. Brakes did not have any servo or pneumatics so, a foot being stronger than a hand, this was food operated.

Toes are important. The big toe helps with balance and posture. We began to walk upright and therefore used our hind quarters which became stronger as they had to bare more continued weight. We haven't, yet, evolved enough to have webbed feet nor non articulated toes. It may happen.

The industrial age is only a few hundred years old, this is nothing in the planets, or our, evolution.

I would say that some people have come further than others in the evolution cycle and Darwin's theory is right.

Keep on the meds.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, pagan beliefs bring preadamite theories. Where Cain took a wife (and a city?) it is suggested that this was a preadamite wife. Which also suggests evolution as she had Neanderthal features.

Given that the bible is only one councils version of the truth (history accounts are normally written by victors in battles etc) it is obviously biased towards the coming of God (1st Testament) and then his life on Earth in mans form (2nd) and only includes accounts which are favourable to one persons theory of how we came to be.

...... Not sure where I was going with this now.......

Nurse! More pills please!

As a rational person I'm aware of other theories. God bothering creationists however HATE that question :crylaugh:

DDT - webbed feet? Have you never been to the Fens???

Obrien - completely agree. Very clear evidence of evolution, no evidence of miracle cures, walking on water, water into wine, feeding 5000, moon landings, if nothing is there to hear it, does a falling tree make sound?.......

Keep on the meds.

not a chance, sometimes i just like to mix things up a little.

also... when did clothes become a normality?, in extreme weather climates i can see the need... but it has just become accepted as being the given, we were all born naked, why not live life as nature intended.

If you could travel faster than the speed of light and went around the world, would you see yourself leave?

not a chance, sometimes i just like to mix things up a little.

also... when did clothes become a normality?, in extreme weather climates i can see the need... but it has just become accepted as being the given, we were all born naked, why not live life as nature intended.

Got to mix the med's when you can!!

I'll never live life as nature intended cos I have a small willy!!

thats a point, if you travel faster than the speed of light and went around the world and then crashed into the image of yourself... would you feel it in the past?, like, will the image of you feel anything.

Elvis - I don't know about turning water into wine but I can (and do quite often) turn wine into water :drunk:

• Like 1