DT125LC Mk1 - Tacho Cable Aperture

PICTURE_MAN36
This post is 3934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Would appreciate someone's input please...

I am in the process of building a Mk I DT125LC on a 'Y' 83 plate. I bought a rolling chassis ex EBAY and sourced an engine etc.. I could not get a DT engine, but managed to pick up an engine number 12A004*** which was identified as an RD 125 LC engine.

Just been to check my parts pile and I just happened to notice that the aperture in the crankcase is blanked off. (looks like it left the factory this way) I know that the DT Mk I did not have a tacho, BUT I did own an '83 RD which did have a tacho...

I'm more than confused! The clutch cover does not have the telephone dial type casting. Its a plain casting, which makes me think that my engine is 84 onwards... is a 12A definitely an RD engine?

I'm now concerned that loom, CDI etc that bought for what I thought was a 12V RD engine will now be surplus to requirements!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks... That foxes me somewhat.. I'm sure that an '82 RD had the 'square' type clocks and a tachometer.

I'm miles away from rebuilding the bike anyway but I can't understand why the casing is blanked off and it looks like it left the factory this way. I might see if the blank comes out and what's underneath it.

Many thanks for your response.

Cheers

Bill Steadman

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online