R1 2004 colour change

rewy
This post is 6621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys...

Have lava red 04 R1 with the standard black rims...considering having them painted gold (like theSP ..but cheaper!!) have any owners done this if so any chance of a piture of the finished producT..

Ta

REWY

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Guys...

Have lava red 04 R1 with the standard black rims...considering having them painted gold (like theSP ..but cheaper!!) have any owners done this if so any chance of a piture of the finished producT..

Ta

REWY

Hi, I got the same bike, same colour, the wheels are a bit boring arent they.

I have just fitted red pinstripes, looks bloody brilliant for £6.

A bike tuner told me never to powder coat my wheels as he saw a wheel lose a 4" chunk of rim, yamaha UK told him it was down to the heat treatment the wheel went through!!

I'm thinking of spraying the wheel centres red to match the bike now; do you have the paint number? ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I got the same bike, same colour, the wheels are a bit boring arent they.

I have just fitted red pinstripes, looks bloody brilliant for £6.

A bike tuner told me never to powder coat my wheels as he saw a wheel lose a 4" chunk of rim, yamaha UK told him it was down to the heat treatment the wheel went through!!

I'm thinking of spraying the wheel centres red to match the bike now; do you have the paint number? ;)

Thinking about doing this myself, have you got a piccy of the finished article?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online