Carb Clean - Video Questions

OrganicMuscle
This post is 3953 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok first your right a boout the bracket to hole the cable in place.

the bike will never start without the pilot jets installed so put them back in they go in the hole closest to the eng.

your throttle/idle screw should not be turned in all the way the plates are open way to far.

I would suggest you pick up a manual so you can set the float height and the rest of the carbs proprely.The slow return on the #1 carb is due to weak spring perssure,or the slide is gummed up with old dry fuel.

Now that you have mess with the pilot setting the carbs will need to be ballanced for this you will need some vac gauges or manomerters. Check out utube for "carb ballancing "lots of vids about how to do.

One other thing do you have spark and to keep thing simple keep your thread running instead of starting a new one for every step you encounter problems

Also now your spark plugs are most likely fuel fouled so you will need to dry them out and the cylinders are full of raw fuel so pull them out for a night and let everything dry out.

@dt502001

Thanks for the quick reply. The pilot jets are installed. But, those small black washers were not. Was my assumption that i should tighten all the way and then release 2 turns. Was that correct?

I have the manual and the floats have been set correctly to 24mm +/- 1. Although i could probably inspect closer.

Carb #1 is going to be a pain. Can i get away with leaving it slow until i get it started, or is this imperative?

I'll pick up some vac gauges to sync the carbs.

I'll pull the spark pulls tonight.

I'll pull the carbs tonight.

Appreciate the advice,

Sean

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online