name that part

welshwan
This post is 3941 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

sorry for the dumbass question- i have been told the answer to this about a week ago and my mind has gone blank.

I need to replace the part inside the wheel that is between the wheel bearings,

It's basically a metal tube for the spindle to go through.

Feel silly asking but need to order ASAP so it's best to ask right away id think B)

Thanks for looking :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i thought the spacer was the small metal one between the wheel and swing-arm this is the one that gos into the center of the hub.

Is it still called a spacer?

Spacer.

i somehow thought that trend might carry on......ahh well, if you can't beat 'em

Spacer.

Just to add a twist it's a anti crush collar,because without it you will crush your bearings when tighting your wheel.

But for now SPACER

• 2 weeks later...

Still struggling to find the fucker.

Might it be the 4th one on this list?

It's on the xtR list because i have the enduro wheels so its the R parts i need.

If it's not that one would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction, been off the road for a while now and feel like i'm missing the best part of summer! It's been bloody lovely today :(

get the dimensions and make one.

buy the tubing off eBay, done loads that way :)

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan! Gotta do something it's killing me not being able to get around,

I'll go and measure it now and have a look!

ahh it's too warped to get an exact measurement of what it should be, do you think about 1mm out will be okay, depending on what end i measure it's anywhere between 21mm-22mm diameter.

and 124mm and 125mm in length

go for longer as it won't strain the bearings by being pushed in by the axle being tightened.

Looks like the correct term is a bearing spacer, best to buy from a genuine dealer i would say for the sake of £20.

Most yam dealers will post but i deal with Webbs of Lincoln for many years.

Choice is yours but there is also a guide washer to keep the bearing near centre, if it was plane tube it can be a pain to line the

tube central in the inner hub, only my view.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online