Lifetime Guarantee/warranty advice please.

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3973 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, all I have purchased my motorcycle from these people and would like to know what you think of their lifetime guarantee plan please. thank you.Wheels Lifetime Guarantee on all new and used motorcycles

Yes you have read it correctly - Wheels Motorcycles offer a lifetime guarantee on all new and used motorcycles over 500cc purchased from ourselves with less than 30,000 miles or younger than 10 years at the time of purchase for all Kawasaki, Suzuki, Aprilia, Honda and Yamaha models for as long as you keep it.

Wheels Motorcycles decided to take this step two years ago after previously charging for the guarantee and finding its benefits so attractive to the customer and for Wheels Motorcycles with its added customer retention.

There are no gimmicks or overpriced service charges. We simply ask that you maintain the vehicle at its normal service intervals (first service 600 miles then generally 4,000 to 6,000 miles or annually) with ourselves.

Included in this guarantee we also give away free MOT’s when required hopefully enabling you to have many years of stress free motorcycling.

There are no complicated or extra terms and conditions to this guarantee we simply extend what would be our normal used bike warranty conditions for the lifetime that you own the vehicle.

Also, if you are one of our low annual mileage customers, no need to worry about huge service costs we will simply complete a cheaper interim service and safety check annually to maintain your warranty.

This guarantee takes the risk and worries away from the purchaser and leaves it with us, your local dealer. So with all this and hundreds of bikes to choose from as well as great finance and part exchange prices call in to see us today. thank you to all who reply.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

See if you can find other customers that have dealt with them and ask tghem how it works and if they have had any problems , see if they have a reputation for failing MOTS and recommending more work tyhan rerally neccesary bewing done on services , if not go for it and look after them dealers like this need to be encouraged

These schemes are generally set to keep you going back to the bike shop. The average ownership of a bike may be a couple of years tops. It there is already a warranty on it then their "exposure" is only the difference between the end of the warranty and when you sell the bike. I doubt if it covers "wear and tear" as normally they cover failure only. This definition is crucial. A vehicle is more likely to break due to something wearing out (not covered) than failing (covered). A slight increase on the sale price covers any warranty product they may have. If they don't have a warranty company to underwrite this then the product is only as good as their reputation. I used to deal with this type of product many years ago and there was a lot of merit in it. Cost of the vehicle, service costs and of course, what Mervin has said about MOT's will let you know if there is any value in it.

One of my old clients for this type of product was Triumph motorcycles. They had a fantastic new and second hand warranty product and I am not saying that anyone else's product would come even close to this.

The only lifetime warranty I'm familiar with is on power tools... and the catch is that it only covers manufacturing defects, not wear and tear like DirtyDT said. It's a "limited" lifetime warranty. So their deal may be something similar. :eusa_think:

Thanks yet again to add a little more to this topic,the bike should have been and have a full service before collection so now my thoughts are the air filter looks like it had been their since the bike was new as a dirty black (oiley) and I wonder if the oil and filter change was done as well although looks clean as the bike is only 18 months old so this is what put me off the lifetime warranty with my bike any more thoughts please/cheers.

None of it is worth a wank.

Its only valid if all work during services is done by them. The killer for me is the cheap service for low mileage. How does that work.

Its service plus parts normally so will they check less?

Personally i think its bull.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online