The Definitive AC-RD Piccie thread

YamaHead
This post is 6065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought I'd start a Random Piccie thread dedicated to AirCooled RD's.....since myself & Alan are avid fans......as well as some of the other members here, I'm sure ;)

So I invite anyone to post any pic they might happen to have or have ran across whilst surfing the Net....

Of RD's.....any year......any size........Just gotta be an AirCooled ;)

Here's a couple to kick things off......

A very clean 250D or E?

RD250d.jpg

This here's a 400 that used to belong to RDly......Sweet Ride indeed.....even if it IS YELLOW! :D

RDly_400D.jpg

So, don't be shy!.....post some AC RD's!!! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one I've ever seen as well Alex :huh:

The fuel tank looks like something off an FJ600 that we used to get here....

These oddball imports from other countries always seem to look similar to other various Yamaha models--

Like a big melting pot of interchangable parts.......which I've always liked Yamaha for. ;)

The Japanese seem to horde all the stylish RD's :huh:

Love this Daytona styled 250 from the land of the Rising Sun B) ....

Sweet250.jpg

1 of a few that I've noticed, that DON'T have a kick starter :blink: .....they must be into the LeMans derived Bump & Go starting proceedure ;)

• 1 month later...

EXACTLY what I mean Merv! ;)

Always nice to see some input from a bonafied AC/RD owner. :thumb:

A full-on AC Racer from Japan B) .....

Trick_AC-Racer.jpg

Found this cool Spesh on a Jap RD site a few years ago B) ......

SweetAC-RD.jpg

I'd love to find out some info on spec's & equipment used in this project......

I could definitely see doing some of these mods to my 400F. :thumb:

Let's see if I can get these posted for you Scott, to top up the collection so far...

RD125,%20Rychraggan%201%2019-03-05.JPG

'81, RD125DX, original and unadulterated.

DSC_0018.JPG

'79 RD400E, Not original and slightly adulterated.

Andy

PS Is there a prize for spotting that the footrests and swing arm say 'D' for the blue 250?

Edited by ANDYROSE

Yes that blue 250 is a D deffo Andy, Nice to see you here mate, I am gonna put some more here you and Scott may know.

green20outside2.jpg

69419480fc5018f5141b5f44a28935f0173aa328fb7428e64a4ee057.jpg

0900835577fb4d6c0949cc43180663bbd7a2b50892472852a1c4021a.jpg

04194685c2009dae5583d96e4986222a97b93e208faac0bc19f38a6d.jpg

090350587408969f8f6354ec27b8a5569dac9f84af2e2b3e6fce6ac3.jpg

Edited by mervin

Gentlemen......I definitely feel enlightened regarding the Blue 250D :hail: .....

Good Eye there Andy ;) .....& that pic of your 125 is a sweet one :thumb:

Nice familiar looking additions to the collection there Merv ;)

We should get some more of the lads from the AC/RD site to come over here & liven things up a bit?.......might be easier said than done? :unsure:

:lol: That particular pic brings New meaning to the term "Air-Cooled" :D

I think DelBoy had a few too many ciders that day! :unsure:

Now here's a fine example of Engineering Ingenuity B) ......

RD700_2.jpg

(2) RD350 motors built into a 700cc IL4.......looks great!

I bet it's a Blast to ride! :thumb:

Now, I think it's about time we go & rattle LC's cage & get him to post a pic of his 400! ;)

Thanks for the kind words chaps. The only bike I am certain of out of those Merv is Pete's yellow 250. I suspect I should know the red 400 and the DS7 (or YR5?) but the white & blue 400 is a mystery. Paint job and the rack say perhaps Eric 'RDeesa' in SA?

Here are a couple more...

my white RD400D 'rescue' which sadly still awaits some attention but is being given a lot of thought.

RD400C%202.JPG

And for you Scott, a Daytona. This belongs to a guy in Australia called Des Lewis, 'Desperado' on the AC-RD forum. I don't think he will mind his bike being put on here as it is such a lovely example.

photos%20may05%20002.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

Seems like Australia was the other place (besides N. America) that got the Daytona styling in '79 & '80 :unsure:

1 of my 400, which is oh so close to getting some attention from me as my YamaHauler project is nearly finished :rolleyes: .....can't wait :P

Scotts_Daytona.jpg

Andy

The blue and white with home made style rack is Dave Freedmans ( Barnett)from portsmouth

the RD350 pre A model and the red 400 are Peter Zerfass,s bikes in germany and the Green machine is Andy Mansells (v12 mans)

My Black E is still looking like that Andy have collected many parts including a frame with a T reg instead of Q, Got it from the isles of scilly memeber of the RD club. now need to get inspired to start still got too reteive the crank from Nobby with the 250/350 heads to convert the silver 250 too 350 took em there last summer and Nobby has been away every time i have passed Aldershot since.

Edited by mervin