Can you refuse to pay for an MOT?

Noise
This post is 3948 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

sorry guys its cage related but im far past the point of pissed off.

Bike goes bang...............so need to get the Mini through its MOT sharpish. it failed about 15days ago so done the work my self (what i could any way) so day before yesterday i gets her booked in for yesterday to get her done. I tell the bloke if it fails just do the work and pass it as i need it.

Well they had the cage for 0800hrs till 1600hrs yesterday but couldn't pass it as the system was down so had to bring it back today.

took it at 0800hrs again today and i rang him a 1300hrs and he said its failed???? some for the same thing as last time and some others things that they missed last time!!!!!!! also failed my lights as the drivers side dip beam don't work.........but they are brand new lights that i fitted two days ago and worked fine then and this morning!?

So what the fuck have they done with my car for TWO whole days!? plus he said i have to re-book it in Monday where they can do the work in 3hours!?

So can i refuse to pay as it seams that they are fucking me about

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

very annoying but try to stay calm if you don't mind me saying so (seriously -not trying to be funny here), but would not paying get you anywhere in these circumstances?

How bad is the bike? I'd bear with it but not go back to that place again, i think we have all had those sort of experiences - i guess you could try talking to the boss there?

i am calm (said through gritted teeth haha) well if i didn't pay then i could go to my normal garage that i trust and that would do the job properly. The reason i used this guy is because i can drive my car to work, give my keys to the gate house and the bloke [picks up your car mot's it and drops it back and i don't have to miss a day off work.

Not sure how bad the bike is yet, ive started to strip her down (see last page im my project thread) but gotta build my shed to start stripping the motor don.

Sadly he is the boss so..........................hmmmmm

If they find something else AFTER the original MOT then nothing you can do, just how it is, they also are not there to fix your car just MOT it, if a light fails to light they CANNOT fix it and it fails, if your there and they tell you about it then you can whip round and fix it yourself but they can only look on cos it's in for an MOT not fixing!!! If they do work on your car and it still fails THEN you can refuse to pay for work done as it was obviously not done properly but the chance of that happening are next to zero. Sorry mate they have you by the short and curlies I'm afraid pay up smile and never go back there. :shakeno:

Oh no they dont.

Politely tell them to stop jacking you about as your taking it to the ministry as you think they are being unfair. Dont fuck about either book it in at your nearest inspection centre.

Most likely hear a pin drop followed by the mot man hearing a shit load of paperwork coming his way.

You win all round. Either its fixed. Or they get fucked and you get a good mot from the ministry man then have your mate do any minors if they do show.

They are trying it on. Kick em hard even if it costs a couple of quid for the satisfaction.

Well he has just dropped it back and ive viewed my opinion on how pissed off i am with it all, and told him that im not giving him and good praise for the work he has done to the rest of the site i work on (his main money maker) and he has given me the labor free for a day. I told him im never using him again and i got him to show me all the work he has done.

Never had this problem with my normal Garage.

I had that with another local station. I said there shouldn't be anything wrong with the car and he said "do you want a bet?" and failed it as I had a suction mobile holder on the windscreen. :madflame:

they lost my custom forever, who's laughing now twats? :wank4az:

I always thought that was an MOT failure?, hence why you shouldnt have magic trees and fluffy dice in the window (obscures drivers vision)

I always thought that was an MOT failure?, hence why you shouldnt have magic trees and fluffy dice in the window (obscures drivers vision)

fair enough, but it could have been taken off or advised before I let them have it

Contact VOSA, As well meaning as we are, I'm sure they would give you the correct advice there, and you may not be the 1st to air your concerns about the garage so they may investigate him

Some mot places are good and some aren't. No different to any other service. You, the customer, decides where they spend their money and people should be more disconcerting in where they spend their money. I have used the same bike mot'er for the sv for the last few years and the bike has always passed. I don't know if it helps that I take the bike in early and they can see that they did the last mot. I took the TS to a different mot place as I needed it don't very quickly and the normal place didn't have a slot for me. The new place passed the TS and commented that they loved 2 strokes. They even gave me a large A4 wallet to keep the paperwork in so now all the ts's documents are stored safely in there. I intend to use them for the SV as well this year and get another wallet for those documents. It is not just the big things that should keep us going back when we are getting our money out but the little things as well.

That is the power of the tinterweb, it gives people a voice to comment on good or bad services.

Yer my normal garage i use are fantastic and have used them since i was 17. this place is the first time i have deviated from my normal guys as the convenience of them collecting my car while im at work and its back in time for me to go home, but i cant see how its taken them 4 days to fix little minor things that my normal garage would have done in a day.

O well lesson thought :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online