S H E D S

iandouglas
This post is 3318 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My man cave is almost ready!

DSC_0087_zps50a4cc63.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a shed is more than four walls, a floor and a roof - it's a sepatate world without the unpleasantness of reality, reality is over-rated

my friend has, 'i'm in my own little world, but its ok, they know me here' written on a roof beam in his shed, a quote from a book i think.

thinking about getting a quote for a power supply to the shed, would involve external socket to the house which would be good for the lawn mover plus a cable to the shed, distance of about 20m given the route it would have to take underground - power to the shed must be useful for light, radio and tools.

Ian, that's another reason why we should meet at the Hidden River. I've had electric up to my shed which is approx 30 yards from the house for the last 25 years. How I did it would be easier to explain verbally rather than trying to explain by phone or typing text.

What I can tell you is that I installed in the house on an external wall a switched fused connector.

From there on it starts to get a little bit complicated and labour extensive. But, was it worth it? Yes it certainly was.

In fact I was so eager to complete the job I was getting up at 04:00 before work to get as much done as possible so I could reap the benefits.

That reminds me ive got to get some sparks into the shed too so that I can get light n stuff to work ha ha.

Yer both dogs approve of it its like a big play pen for them at the mo but soon will be a place to watch me work.

Man cave done and tools ready to go. Next in is the bike

DSC_0089_zps05bff11a.jpg

And here is my daughter giving her approval

DSC_0091_zpsd0c7f7b1.jpg

no windows? who needs windows :spin2: like the look of the white dog now looking forward to seeing the other dog

sheds - lovely, happy days

(ps hope that little girl doesn't have disturbing nightmares about some dark place at the bottom of the garden)

The other dog is a little shit and has not learnt any "shed eticat" and just bundles in attacking my other dog who is just laid down by my side ha ha.

I will be putting a window in soon but at the mo im enjoying my privacy ha ha.

Na my daughter knows that the only dark place in our house / garden is in my head :)

ooh look at you, tools all laid out neatly on a little board, i bet you're one of those saddos that names their spanners...

they are all up now.....give it two weeks of working on the bike

ooh look at you, tools all laid out neatly on a little board, i bet you're one of those saddos that names their spanners...

And whats wrong with that fly boy? Lol

I just hate it when you go into your tool box to find something and its not there so everything has its own spot and pot so I know where everything is.

Im quite a saddo when it comes to keeping things clean etc wee bit if OCD, I even clean off the grass from the strimmer and lawn mower before they get put away. N ive had the same strimmer for 6 years and it still looks fresh out the box ha ha.

Even my old BBQ was cleaned and WD40'd after use and my mate asked if I bought a new one every year as it was spotless. Till we got drunk n shot it full of holes with his air rifle.........I miss that BBQ.

once in a while i have to buy these 'bombs' from a garden centre which are like a firework except that they release smoke with insecticide in it,

idea is you light one of these in your greenhouse or shed and leave it - kills all the spiders and bugs for a season until they creep back in for the next year

pretty evil stuff and it has a strong pungent smell - last time (actually not realising I had bought a particularly powerful one)

there was no problem but this time I didn't bother waiting for night and it induced a crescendo of window slamming from the people behind

yes it was anti- social of me but there again they can be a nuisance on ocassion...he he

May have to get one of these bombs. What they called? May actually get rid of the bug of a mother in law I have that keeps coming round

PS

didn't bother with the masks and gloves myself,

Wilkinson/B & Q probably do them much cheaper, can't think I paid much for my very effective twin pack,

but hey the bugs won't have settled in yours just yet, couple of years..maybe :spin2:

Just cleaned and swept the garage out and am FINALLY in the process of chucking the broken white goods and stuff the previous tennant left behind. Suddenly there's enough room to house the seating, a Vauxhall Corsa and three bikes down the side, while still retaining access to the bench!!

The other 'shed' is more like an outbuilding that straddles the fence, with a divider between us and the neighbours. We use that as a garden tool storage/homebrew cellar at the moment.

However, the actual 'man cave' isn't much of one. Just the third bedroom converted into a DVD storage place with a sofa, my PC rig on the desk and a bunch of guns on the wall. Nothing special, really... I'd like to get one of the swords up there as well at some point.