canvas motorcycle covers

iandouglas
This post is 4032 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm absolutely fed up with plastic covers - anybody know where i can get an old school large green canvas one please?

from 2nd hand ads (which is a route I don't want to go down) there are two firms that do them protectorl and calibre but I can't trace them

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rather than a canvas one why not look at something inbetween?

I have 2 different covers; a Motrax deluxe and an Oxford Aqualux one. The Motrax is very good quality and a lot better and heavier that the Oxford one.

Linky to the Motrax one here (if you go for one, make sure you get the right size) LINKY

Rather than a canvas one why not look at something inbetween?

I have 2 different covers; a Motrax deluxe and an Oxford Aqualux one. The Motrax is very good quality and a lot better and heavier that the Oxford one.

Linky to the Motrax one here (if you go for one, make sure you get the right size) LINKY

thanx

did you buy the motrax off ebay please?

no rips, blowing off the bike or issues of that sort?

I'd have to go for large with having a big top box.

I have had the cover for nearly 3 years. It has faded in parts and the bottom is starting to fray due to rubbing on the ground. It is not now 100% waterproof but still holds nearly all the rain off.

It has 2 reinforced holes at both the front and rear and I use the rear to put a chain through, via the rear wheel and ground anchor. I use a short U lock through the front holes to secure the front, via the front discs. If I leave the front lock off, it can blow off the front but that is due to my laziness rather than anything else. There is also a belly strap.

It is good, thick, quality with a rear reflector, 2 vents and a part inner, soft, lining to protect some of the bodywork. Well the one I have does.

I brought the cheaper Oxford one for the TS recently and this is nowhere near the quality of the Motrax one. I would buy another one when this gives up the ghost but I expect that it will be good for another couple of years.

I don't put the cover on as soon as I get home. I wait until the bike has cooled.

Brought new from fleabay.

Hope this helps.

thanks dirtydt very helpful

used to have a ts, here's a picture of me feeding it with two stroke mix in days goneby

one of my friends used to call it the 'dinner plate special' on account of the cooling fins looking like a stack of, well - dinner plates :spin2:

2vttxk1.jpg

Excellent picture Ian.

Mine is the Suzuki one, not the MZ version. I do love the MZ sort of pinging noise the engine makes.

Ian

See if you unfold that cover, it will be a lot bigger mate :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

Ian

See if you unfold that cover, it will be a lot bigger mate :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

...trouble is keeping it from blowing off, for some reason to do with the local topography or the arrangement of houses. I don't know, the wind tends to catch covers

- got a bigger plastic bike cover but that's fairly torn (hence desire to get hold of a traditional canvas one) and takes ages to secure so I'll settle for just having a dry seat for the moment.

............................. so I'll settle for just having a dry seat for the moment.

So would I. This incontinence is a b'stard.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online