Nicknames

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3981 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just pondering - what has made everyone choose their avatar name? Some are obvious (DDT and mine!) but why some of the others?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got mine due to the fact that I had just SLICED my palm open on a stubborn bolt :cussing: and was trying to type with one hand at the time. :jossun:

Believe it or not, I'm an ex submariner. Also my name is Mike and I was born in 1949.

Believe it or not, I'm an ex submariner. Also my name is Mike and I was born in 1949.

well Mike we are roughly the same age except I haven't done anything more exciting than sit in an office desk, hope to meet you one day especially as we both have XJ600 models

(wrong section but - whisper - what do you do with your time in retirement, mine's coming up in a couple of years)

well Mike we are roughly the same age except I haven't done anything more exciting than sit in an office desk, hope to meet you one day especially as we both have XJ600 models

(wrong section but - whisper - what do you do with your time in retirement, mine's coming up in a couple of years)

Havent you heard ian...It's 70 now fella :eusa_doh:

One of the only games I was any good at on my brothers Sinclair was Pippo. Some kind of hippo / space hopper you controlled and used to change colours of the floor tiles while avoiding gaps and evil characters. The more difficult levels had tiles which went through multiple colours.

b284ef4031b4ae95f26704ea585acf7f.jpg

Clearly I was too young / stupid to remember the actual name and used to call it Bippo. I can assure you all that its not because I resemble the character, honest...

Tommy XS's username is actually very deceptive because his name is Barry and he rides a Honda Camino.

Life is full of confusion.

• Like 1

Foamy are mythical creatures which inhabit an earth-like planet called Faern (pronounced "Farn", they have grey fur and mimic the sounds and calls of the other woodland creatures, when in contact with humans for a long period of time they will learn to form sentences and communicate using a human language

It was a character I drew on my English lesson folder 7 years ago, and it's stuck ever since, since I am also a strange creature of imagination...

• Like 1

I really wanted to be called "Mongo the Merciless"

Is that the Magnificents' cousin, or a Flash Gordon reference?

got no imagination me - suppose that I should have gone with 'Bender'

now that would be funny on the back of your yoc t shirt ha ha

One of the only games I was any good at on my brothers Sinclair was Pippo. Some kind of hippo / space hopper you controlled and used to change colours of the floor tiles while avoiding gaps and evil characters. The more difficult levels had tiles which went through multiple colours.

b284ef4031b4ae95f26704ea585acf7f.jpg

Clearly I was too young / stupid to remember the actual name and used to call it Bippo. I can assure you all that its not because I resemble the character, honest...

I don't know bipp the'res something about those eyes

Hi Ian, first of all I retire in April 2014.

Personally I can't wait, I've been working non stop since I left school in 1964 when I was 15 years old.

It would be great to meet one day, but, believe it or not the place I work for, a family owned business, where the lady in the accounts office is "THE BOSS" . Also she doesn't portray that image, she is a fantastic lady/employer.

So, at the moment, we are so busy, as in we are a small plastic injection moulding company supplying to Germany, Spain, Romania, USA, China, Scotland. and of course to all the sheds in Britain, i.e. B&Q, Homebase etc.

What I'm trying to say is that I would like to meet, but not yet. (hope no offence taken) because at the moment we are working all the hours under the sun, I hope you understand.

Tommy XS's username is actually very deceptive because his name is Barry and he rides a Honda Camino.

Life is full of confusion.

how do you know all this stuff bipp's!! have you been storkin me ?

I knew I'd seen those eye's before, they were in the tree outside my bedroom window :hah::babyha:

I remember seeing the Matrix in 1999 and i thought NE0 was so cool, just 3 characters!

I subsequently use it on all the various forums I'm on.

I remember seeing the Matrix in 1999 and i thought NE0 was so cool, just 3 characters!

I subsequently use it on all the various forums I'm on.

Was the Matrix really nearly 14 years ago??

Is it me or does time go quicker as you mature?