tyre bead

woodburnyq50
This post is 4134 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well after removin the totally bald tyre from my aerox I managed to replace it, up until it came to popping the bead, could any of you kind people give any advice on how to seat the bead? Iv tried using air pressure both at home and at local petrol station with no success, the airs just leakin out were the bead isn't seated, is there any alternative ways of doing this other than payin a garage to fit it? Any ideas much appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Break the tire back down and soap up the bead and start over,some times it requires much more pressure that recomended, to set the bead be careful tire can blow up when exceeding the recomended pressure

You will need a compressor to give it a blast of air to get the tyre bead to pop in. Attach the compressor and lightly bounce the wheel where the bead isn't sealing as you give it some air.

Did you clean the rim of crap and scratches that could be catching the tire and holding it from seating? and you can try turning the tire 180.

Some stations( on this side of the pond) regulate the pressure to 40 psi max and you might need 60 to get it to seat BUt again be very carfule you don't want to get hurt from a tire blowing up in your face for the sake of 20 bucks having a tire shop do it using a saftey cage.

That's were my problem lies mervin, I cnt blow it up at all, its not holding any air, I tried bouncin is gently with a lil bit of force to try seat it while I have petrol stations compressor attached and still nothing

Get yourself a ratchet strap and put it around the radius of the tyre and tighten it up, this squashes the top of the tyre down and pushes the sides out increasing your chances of getting it seated, also take the valve out of the middle of the tyre stem to allow more airflow, ideally you need a compressor due to the amount of air required.

could take a while but it would be worth it

Right this method is effective, but not recommended by health and safety, ATS, motorway tyres, etc, the first time i saw it done was on a film about big trucks in iceland with huge tyres , you need 1 can of easy start, one long pole , one lighter, or box of matches, Oh by the way do not try this at home, I cannot be responsible for the outcome if you do ,

do so at your own risk, thats my disclaimer

a docile squirt of easy start (spray for the duration of saying the word "Banana") should give the desired effect, just keep well clear when lighting and leave the tyre valve out to allow the excess to vent.

strongly reccomend the ratchet strap idea, i have re-inflated trailer tyres, my XJ600 tyres, a couple of fireblade tyres and even some 235/70/16 car tyres using that same method, its less likely to blow up in your face that way

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online