Tennis elbow..

Cynic
This post is 4052 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks. More good news........

Tennis elbow or from my sympathetic father 'wankers cramp'. Is kicking in big time.

Got docs tommorow for tests. Guess my summer is over bfore it starts.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I didn't know you played!

Mind you, if you need someone to use the TDR for the summer, just give me a call!

On a more serious note 'mate'. I am practicing with quite an effective anti theft device.

I currently have both levers on the right bar of the dt. Bit of a headfuck to use to begin with but its improving.

Might swap to a thumb brake and use the lever for the clutch. On the tdr.

Not looking foreward to tommorow. General theory is dont do what hurts which is the bike.........worried.....:(

So throttle, front brake and clutch all operated with the right hand?

That sounds scary.

Could you cable the rear brake lever to the front brake and ignore the rear brake?

Thats why i was thinking thumb brake on the front. Or linking front and rear on the foot lever but that would spoil the essence of the tdr.

You can get dual levers too. Its a common mod on nabd bikes. Seen it plenty of times at the nabd rallies.

Its more to see if i can ride with the clutch on my right. Cos thats ok

Also whatever i do i need to be able to do to the dt and the tdr.

DT is cable front brake and TDR is hydraulic. Is that right? Going make it hard to get the same set up on both. That and the difference in bars etc. Interesting problem though.

Tennis elbow? Yep, got that but the physioterrorists are working on me, the standard NHS flexing exercises and that's about it, so ......

Bit of research and I came across the Tyler Twist. £12 or so for a rubber bar from Amazon and it seems to be working. If all else fails, the missus can use it for more 'entertaining' purposes .....

Once i have been tommorow i will know more. Its really getting in the way now though.

DT is cable front brake and TDR is hydraulic. Is that right? Going make it hard to get the same set up on both. That and the difference in bars etc. Interesting problem though.

Linking the dt brakes would just be a cable. Thing is the dt would not be spoiled by linked brakes like the tdr.

Not sure how it works mot and insurance wise either. Need to do some checks i think.

Whats the story" how did you get it, is it sport related, or banged it,,, :eusa_think:

As i understand it john its a parting gift from my old suzuki. Because of the tuning she had a bitch of a clutch. Really heavy. That and the vibes.

Thing is most of the pains went when my carpel tunnel was done. But.....

Turns out that was a stopgap. Downsizing to the tdr hid the issue.

Now opening a pint of milk hurts and clutch work in traffic gets so bad i cant pull the lever.

Fixes....... find out tomorrow

And no its got fk all to do with tennis

Well that was a waste of time.

Apparently its golf elbow. Quite common just stop what makes it hurt and in 6 to 8 weeks i will be fine.

So i explains the capel tunnel. Long time issue. Tried all the tricks to help then.' Oh maybe a support will help.'

Halfwit. When i told him its worse on my bike. Which i use for work and pleasure. He didnt blink. Not for the next couple of months your not.

I have made an appointment with a doc at the surgury i respect but i think modifying the bike is my only long term option.

Sorry to hear that Cynic, not much you can do but rest it I'm afraid, which when you think about it is not a lot of use if you want to ride to work!!! You will just have to wait for the muscle to heal. I think your about to say something rude? :eusa_doh:

You better believe it.

I think its more than this poxy elbow stuff. I had 6 weeks using the car when the dt blew till the weather was good enough for the tdr.

That should have fixed it already according to the docs theory.

And grouch recons he has problems....:(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online