I need help with engine number and vin number please

Gabor
This post is 3995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

I have an engine number on the bike 2yl-292024 wich doesn't match the number under the handle bar first of all (2yl-292252)

I have no vin number at all. I would like to get more info on the bike but without a 17 character long vin number I can't seem to find any site that would give details about the bike.

Any idea what this bike is? It is a virago 535 and '97 but can you get more info then that?

Also if you have no vin number on the bike what can you do? Is it possible that this one doesn't have one?

Many thanks

Gabor

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi just had a look at my boys 535. The engine and frame number do not match on that.

The vin plate should be fixed to the frame at the steering head, and just to the right of that the same number should be stamped on the frame. I assume you dont have the v5c for it, so you could try contacting Yamaha UK with the 2 numbers and see if they can help.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

On that plate there is the 10 digit engine number, which matches the one that is stamped but that is all I have (no 17 digit vin which should be 17 digit according to the manual).

What is v5c?

I was just thinking to contact Yamaha with numbers I have.

Many thanks! (still a bit strange to me that there isn't a 'proper' vin on it but I guess I'll find answers from Yamaha)

Gabor

Ok mate

The V5c is the UK Registration document, so does not apply to you. Contact Yamaha Hungary then.

My manual shows this example 3BTC (2YL-027101)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online