Hi from France!

This post is 4018 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all!

I'm a newbie from the south of France, so pardon my English :icon_rolleyes:

I bought my first bike, a Yamaha XJ6 ( Extreme Yellow) since October, but I got my driving license a month and a half ago, so she waited for me in the garage!

I learned to drive on a Kawasaki ER6, and I really didn't like it. It wasn't the kind of bike I wanted to drive, nor the one that caught my eye. During my driving lessons, I had the chance to drive for 2 hours a XJ6 and I fell in love with it. When I searched for a second-hand XJ6, I found out it existed in yellow... and it was love at first sight! I needed an Extreme Yellow, and not another color!

Around here, there wasn't a lot of them sadly, so my choice was a bit reduced, but I found one with a reasonable mileage, and a Bagster saddle like I wanted.

Since then, I did a lot of modifications on it (and had people do them since I suck in mechanics :/) and it's almost like I want it to be. I still have a few modifications to do, but the biggest ones are done already.

I'm a member of the French forum for the XJ6, but I like to meet people from around he world, so I registered here.

Cheers to you all! v2-2b3c0c6.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bonjour chamallow" :jossun: yeh an inline four cylinder is so smooth compared to a parallel twin,,, enjoy the forum, :welcome:

I don't have a lot of experience right now, since I don't drive everyday. I only use my bike when I wanna go somewhere and I know I don't need to carry anything.

I've done maybe 400km with it, and most of the time, I have a passenger. And since I only lived in the south for a few years, I don't know the roads either! -_-

But this summer, I might go back to my hometown, in Brittany, with my bike. I know the roads there so it'll be fun. I'll be an hour from the coast, which will be so cool ^^

Brittany is very beautiful and the South is dry. What more can you ask for? I have ridden all over - North to Le Mans for the 24 Moto endurance and from Menton in the the South near the Italian boarder, through Monaco to the Paul Ricard circuit and Marseilles. I think my favorite town/city is Orange.

Yeah, Brittany is beautiful, especially the far west and the coast. As for the south, I don't like the sea there. There's no waves! Even though I don't swim, for me, a "real" sea has waves, otherwise it's so boring :D

I've never been to Orange, but I might go visit Cannes/Monaco... and with a bike, it's pretty convenient with all the turists there will be!

:)

Welcome Chamallow, good to have you here, I love Bretagne and the Bretons, I spent a lot of time around Roscoff and St Malo areas in the past

I mostly go to Saint Malo in the summer, I like it there, and the coast nearby. With a car it's really really hard to park when you wanna go in the fortified city. But with my bike, that'll be a piece of cake :D

Hey - welcome to the forum! Great intro (and English...!)

Yes I know what you mean, I used to drive a truck there , If i wanted to go to the walled city i parked in the Brittany ferries lorry park at the Gare Maritime , i used to spend a lot of time time at La Varde , at viviers StMalo

Merv

Welcome Chamallow, always nice to meet new folks and your English is MUCH better than most of our French, hope you enjoy your time with us. :jossun:

Yes I know what you mean, I used to drive a truck there , If i wanted to go to the walled city i parked in the Brittany ferries lorry park at the Gare Maritime , i used to spend a lot of time time at La Varde , at viviers StMalo

Merv

Yeah it's awful to park there! Now for the cars it's even worse :D I mostly go to "Le Sillon", and I like the small beaches between St Malo and Cancale (dont know if you know this town). I love the view from there; it's totally different in the south!

Welcome Chamallow, always nice to meet new folks and your English is MUCH better than most of our French, hope you enjoy your time with us. :jossun:

Thanks :icon_razz: I love to speak English, and I do everything to improve it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it here!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online