Motorbike / Rider Camera Mounting

Norcot
This post is 4152 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, due to the interest in my other video post regarding the camera / mounting I thought I would start a thread about camera mounting to Motorbike or Rider.

I have been experimenting with where to stick the camera on my FZ6 and plan to make a series of videos to show where and how I mounted as well as the results. I would be interested to see your efforts too as I could use some more ideas!

Heres the first of many to come:

Mounting 1: Low Shot, GoPro mounted to the Center Stand using a Bar Mount

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just as well you weren't scratching

Mounting a camera is a personal choice. A little fairing etc is fine but there is a lot of front wheel in this video which I find distracting. I also am not a big lover of helmet cams as the riders head movement when checking their speedo or doing obs, I find distracting too. Maybe I am just a miserable barsteward.

I am thinking of starting a campaign to make bike cams have an instant format button - just in case the biker gets a "pull" and doesn't want to provide their own evidence of wrong doing. It is always at the back of my mind when I strap a camera on - the bike I mean!

Mounting a camera is a personal choice. A little fairing etc is fine but there is a lot of front wheel in this video which I find distracting. I also am not a big lover of helmet cams as the riders head movement when checking their speedo or doing obs, I find distracting too. Maybe I am just a miserable barsteward.

I am thinking of starting a campaign to make bike cams have an instant format button - just in case the biker gets a "pull" and doesn't want to provide their own evidence of wrong doing. It is always at the back of my mind when I strap a camera on - the bike I mean!

Yes definitely a personal choice, this is only one of the positions I have tried mounting the camera, i have a few more videos to upload of other positions (with less bike in the shot). I find you need to vary the angles through videos to keep things interesting.

Can the police confiscate your camera without warrant? I know they can impound your bike if you have broken the law but is the camera part of the bike? Easy solution I guess is to not do anything that would give them a reason to stop you in the first place!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online